SCBA burst caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBA burst caps

Dos anyone have information on the noise levels of the air being released, when the burst cap lets go on an over presurized 2200 psi SCBA cylinder.

I am investigating a hearing injury report.

RipT
    Last edited by CaptripT; 06-26-2003, 04:51 PM.

over 120db.

The insurance safety inspection we had requires us to wear hearing protection when filling bottles to protect us from just that.

Comment

Originally posted by ADSNWFLD
      over 120db.

The insurance safety inspection we had requires us to wear hearing protection when filling bottles to protect us from just that.
      Not to mention having to change your underwear when it happens! !
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

i've only heard the burst caps doing their job while playing paintball. imagine for a 2216 scba it would be little less then a CO2 bottle or nitro but still pretty loud and unnerving.
        NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
        IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

This happened when I was at my academy. It was one of the loudest things I have ever heard. Nine guys around the fill station (being operated by an instructor), all people seen was nine bodies running or diving for cover.

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo

Not to mention having to change your underwear when it happens! !
          This is the best way to describe it.

However, it beats dealing with the cylinder fragmenting into the ceiling.
          IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X