• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Female Batt. Chief

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...7&sectionId=46
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

I saw it on the news today. I extend my congratulations....or condolences....which ever is appropriate. You GO GIRL!!!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

i just read that article as well... i think its really cool that there is a female batt. cheif. it just comes to show that females can succede in this line of work.
      -JEFF G

RES49CUE
      Raritan Twp,NJ

49-56
      "Have Jaws, Will Travel"

Comment

For those of you who dont know it, the new Chiefs hubby is none other then FDNYRR...Congratulations!
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Excellent news! I am sure her promotion was the result of years of hard work, study and determination! Best of luck to her, and of course FDNYRR who now "really" knows who the chief of the house is. :P

Bravo!
          Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Comment

Way to go Rocky, you are an inspiration to us all, and an excellent role model. Keep up the great work.
            IACOJ

Comment

man...that is neat... A famous person amongst our ranks? Maybe FDNYRR will get to be the Chief's Aid!

Congratulations once again!

Anyone got the inside scoop where the new Chief will be assigned? How about it E229LT....NJFFSA16????????
              Last edited by captstanm1; 06-26-2003, 05:34 PM.
              09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
              IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
              "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
              BMI Investigator
              The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Jones will move through several Brooklyn battalions - groups of anywhere from 5 to 12 firefighting companies - before assuming a permanent command.
                That's as close as I can nail it down right now!
                Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

And this news from Jersey City, NJ

June 27th, 2003

10 a.m. FIRST FEMALE FIREFIGHTERS-Mayor Glenn Cunningham, Fire
                  Chief Frederick Eggers and Fire Director Jerome Cala welcome 40
                  firefighters to service including the first two female firefighters
                  in the 132-year history of the department.
                  Contacts: Jennifer Morrill (City of Jersey City), 201-547-4943.
                  Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                  Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                  On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

From a female Fire Chief to the female Batt Chief...CONGRATS!!!
                    Shows the "WOMAN POWER" starting to evolve! :-D

Donna C
                    Fire Chief
                    Bridge Canyon VFD
                    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

Comment

Congrats and good job with getting that far in mostly male dept.

Comment

One thing about FDNY, they don't water-down qualifications for any person or any position. A hardy congratulations and a job well done to Battalion Chief Jones. You have earned it.
                        My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                        Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X