Security guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security guards

Anyone help make sure these guys are trained? Check out www.securityprofessionalssite.com and you can see how some security officers are dying for training. These poor guys get nothing and are supposed to protect our big taxpayer occupancies. Jason

Security personnel in your jurisdiction should be interviewed by fire officers or the Inspection Division....and instructed on what WE expect from them...AND, learn their procedures for emergencies.

If they haven't been trained how to handle emergencies correctly....insist on it, or do your best to instruct them on the basics.

You are correct...they make next to nothing. But YOU need to be prepared for what they can or can not be expected to do, before your arrival.

Open up a dialogue with them....and include the info in your pre-plan.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

If you guys think that you can walk into a co. and insist on speaking with individual security guards, you probably are extremely misguided. In this age of workplace violence, industrial espionage and terrorism, many cos. are circling the wagons, increasing both their physical security and access control and denying critical information to the outside world.

I have two suggestions:

1. You MUST work through management. Many facilties operate with contract guard services. Many of these contract services have been leading the industry in upgrading the profession and trying to make security a profession. Ask for the person in charge of security. Especially look for someone with the initials CPP (Certified Protection Prfessional) after their name. These people will recognize the value of such training and can facilitate the training within the confines of corporate policy. They can also facilitate walk-throughs and pre-fire planning.

2. Check out the website for the American Society for Industrial Security (www.asisonline.org). This is the premeire organization for security professionals. I joined to increase my knowledge base for my WMD activities. It's a great org that is striving to upgrade the profession.
      PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

Ah, people who know of what I speak. I am a security trainer for a client of Securitas. They also have industrial FDs. Most contract security companies would LOVE to hear that you would like to speak to their officers. Less headache for them and one more feather in their cap. Also look at www.ifpo.org it is the SO equal to the FOP. To see the dif between untrained and trained officers, look at the WTC response in 1993 vs 2001. Jason

Comment

Well said NJ. We recently had a fire and the security guard did not do the right thing and thing and thing. I can not go into details, ongoing investigation and all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X