This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for FDNY member

I need some help please. I am having a tough time dealing after 911. I will not talk to the jobs shrinks or group thing. But I might do it online. Is there help out there?

T

Please send me an email; [email protected]

Just want to be sure this isn't a hoax, hope you understand.

Comment

I would be glad to talk with you.

[email protected]

Comment

T, Please reconsider talking to the professionals. A meeting with a crisis management debriefing person can be a private session and not a group. Believe me, these people know how to help and anything that is said is held in strict confidence. Sometimes when other people try to help things are said that can do more harm then help. We all need help at times, so don't think that there is anything wrong with the need to talk to a professional.

Comment

Hey T........Do it! This is not a PD inquisition thing, this is Delayed Stress Syndrome. You are not unique, nor or you sheltered from it.........the Lt stepped up, so did others, pardon the cliche' but use them bro! My Wife lost 14 in her quarters and believe me, everyone is going to need it, some sooner then others. Don't join the ranks of the misfortunate as in Oklahoma City.
          "All gave some...Some gave all!"
          9/11/01 Lest we forget!
          FDNYRR

Comment

LAST POST

Do you know of an outlet for online help?

Comment

Online help

You're talking to them Brother...
              FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

I know we all agree with Mark. We are all here for you. Email me if you need any help.

code_blue81
                [email protected]
                Jeremy Culver
                IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
                www.helpingourown.com
                "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Comment

T,

Take my word for it, get the help. I've been through the Post Traumatic experience more than once.

First time was after Viet Nam (guilt beyond belief), and I waited many years and caused myself more problems than were neccesary.

Also went through it on the dept more than once.

If you need to talk you can IM me anytime on AOL, id mw042373.

I do know where your coming from brother and I'll be here to talk to you anytime about what I've learned over the last 30 years about PTSD. I can't help as much as professional but I will sure try. Sometimes just talking is a good thing, but give the pro's a try also.

Comment

T
                    Not sure if this will help, but you may want to check out this site http://www.fallenfirefighter.com/top.html. Just please keep searching my friend and hopefully you find your answers. It is sometimes hard talking to the pro's or other Brother's.

I would like to say a special thanks to a Detroit FD Chaplin.

Feel free to email me anytime.

Dave
                    Firefighter
                    FTM, PTB, RFB

Comment

T., I agree with some of the people in this post about seeing a professional. You should try, but I also understand if it is'nt for you. So, your brothers and sisters are here, talk to them, let them talk to you, and one day soon, we'll all be better than today....

Just another brother, [email protected]

Comment

Hey T,
                        Lets do lunch! I could come down to NY or you could come up to CT. I'll pick you up at the Metro North in New Haven (it's a free ride to firefighters). Sound good? Your union brothers up here feel for you buddy. E-mail me at [email protected]
                        IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Comment

T

If you need to talk to, I'm here. Please email me if you want to talk. Just please talk to someone. You have many shoulders out here to lean on, but you have to let someone in to help.

[email protected]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X