Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    Our rescue van is pretty much fully stocked for us being a BLS first responder. Our brush truck is currently being set up as a back up to the van. It will have a med bag, oxygen, backboard and minor stuff along with the extrication tools when they come in.

Leave a comment:

• kghemtp
    replied
    And ya know, composite bodies not only allow for more water storage, but also more cabinets for extrication and EMS stuff for those who wish. There's nothing like being on a call waiting for resources to show up. The beauty behind ALS engines & all the other various things people have listed on their trucks, a patient can be pretty well packaged for transport prior to the ambulance's arrival.

~Kevin
    FF/Paramedic

Leave a comment:

• cozmosis
    replied
    I'll be honest... When I started this thread, I was thinking that we carried entirely too much gear on a fire engine. You guys have obviously proven me wrong. And, if that wasn't enough, we had to pull out one of our vaccum splits yesterday on a run. The guy I was working with said it was the first time he'd seen the splint come off the rig in five years... but it came in handy when we needed it.

Leave a comment:

• mcaldwell
    replied
    Much like the rest:

-Long Boards (1 board/1 scoop)
    -Basket Stretcher
    -Adjustable Collars
    -Spider Straps/Speed Clips
    -Long Wooden Splints
    -Medium Burn Kit
    -Blankets
    -O2 and Trauma Pack
    -etc...

The basket stretcher and boards take up a hell of a lot of room, but since we are in the mountains and have to carry a lot of people out of the woods, they are necessary and used regulary. We definitely need a bigger truck.

Leave a comment:

• codeblue81
    replied
    We carry VERY basic EMS FR kits. Bandages, Gauze, CPR mask, a few icepacks, tape, and a BP Kits. 2 Units also have an AED onboard.

If we are able to get a new Rescue Pumper it should have room for a few boards and c-collars.

code_blue81

Leave a comment:

• firemangeorge
    replied
    I am on a truck company, we resond after all neaby engines have been exhausted. We carry all BLS equipment required by the state EMS board.

FG

Leave a comment:

• fieryred943
    replied
    On all our frontline rigs we carry two kits (red/blue),spineboard,KED,Bsplint kit, AED.
    The red kit contains collars/airway management/suction/BP cuffs/glucose/nitro/OBGYN/O2 sat

The blue kit contains blocks & straps/trauma & burn/hot&cold packs/ saline/glucose/and some odds n' sodds.

Majority of us are EMT's, EMR's and a few paramedics.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    we have 1 ALS Engine LP10 , Meds, ET's , IV's , port suction, burn kit, 1 BB, straps and towel rolls for same, c-collars.

In the truck and other engine we can go IV, ET, and other BLS equip.
    We have 2 ALS Transport Units as well.Also includes C-spine stuff.
    Since we got our recent grant we will be adding pulse oxes to the engine and truck.

Leave a comment:

• ff7134
    replied
    Well on my engine, we carry O2, intibation kit, trauma stuff, 2 bags of .9 and some caths and an AED and C-collars. One of our other engines are equipped the same. Our first out truck at the No.1 station will soon be an ALS Engine due to they always have medics on board. Mine and the other engine are considered BLS engines due to they are not always staffed with a medic.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    We carry an SAED, EMS jump kit w/c-spine collars, long board and an O2 setup on each Engine and the Rescue. Each support vehicle has a a SAED, EMS jump kit, each Ladder carries a SAED, EMS jump kit w/O2 setup.

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    We carry the same equipment as ADSNWFLD except we also carry full spinal immobilization equipment. We can pretty much do everything the ambo can except transport.

Leave a comment:

• hamm3070
    replied
    In Memphis we have 30 full-time ALS ambulances with either 2 firefighter/paramedics or 1 FF/P and 1 FF/EMT and all but 2 of the stations that these units ride out of have either an ALS truck or pumper that carry everything the unit does except the stretcher. On some of the older pumpers it is very crowded but with the newer E-One's with better compartment structure it is much better.

Leave a comment:

• SCOOBY14B
    replied
    Our engines are ALS...they carry:

ALS drug box
    locked narc box (morphine, versed, valium)
    Monitor with pacing, defib and pacing
    ALS jump kit with first line drugs and standard "bag stuff"
    O2 bag with intubation kit
    2 LBB's
    2 set of spider straps
    KED
    traction splints (adult and pedi)
    pedi immobilzer
    OB kits
    Sterile water

All these supplies are kept in the right front compartment where firefighter and officer can grab on curb side. LBB's are kept in rear compartment with ladders, hooks, hard suction.

Leave a comment:

• mark440
    replied
    My job runs BLS First Responder Engine Companies. We carry basic EMS equipment, basic jump kits, O2, SAED's, long boards, c-collars, air splints, vaccum splints, KED and that's about it.
    Volunteer FD runs an ALS-Intermediate First Response vehicle.

*Mark
    Last edited by mark440; 06-16-2003, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kghemtp
    replied
    With more & more departments havine ALS firefighters, it makes great sense to consider ALS capabilities on a first response vehicle. The AED is a great idea, and we have them in all of our trucks. With so many Intermediates riding the piece and not just on the meat wagon, we've gotten ALS drug kits together. Depending on an ambulance's location, the first response crew can have a cardiac arrest patient shocked, tubed, and first round of drugs in. It makes perfect sense. Beyond the medication stuff, I haven't seen too many trucks with traction splints, but certainly KED's & longboards, as well as a fully stocked jump kit & O2.

~Kevin
    FF/Paramedic

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...