-Basket Stretcher
    -Adjustable Collars
    -Spider Straps/Speed Clips
    -Long Wooden Splints
    -Medium Burn Kit
    -Blankets
    -O2 and Trauma Pack
    -etc...

The basket stretcher and boards take up a hell of a lot of room, but since we are in the mountains and have to carry a lot of people out of the woods, they are necessary and used regulary. We definitely need a bigger truck.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

I'll be honest... When I started this thread, I was thinking that we carried entirely too much gear on a fire engine. You guys have obviously proven me wrong. And, if that wasn't enough, we had to pull out one of our vaccum splits yesterday on a run. The guy I was working with said it was the first time he'd seen the splint come off the rig in five years... but it came in handy when we needed it.
      sigpic

Comment

And ya know, composite bodies not only allow for more water storage, but also more cabinets for extrication and EMS stuff for those who wish. There's nothing like being on a call waiting for resources to show up. The beauty behind ALS engines & all the other various things people have listed on their trucks, a patient can be pretty well packaged for transport prior to the ambulance's arrival.

~Kevin
        FF/Paramedic
        ~Kevin
        Firefighter/Paramedic
        --^v--^v--^v--^v--
        Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
        Dennis Miller

Comment

Our rescue van is pretty much fully stocked for us being a BLS first responder. Our brush truck is currently being set up as a back up to the van. It will have a med bag, oxygen, backboard and minor stuff along with the extrication tools when they come in.
          NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
          IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X