Now Memphis.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are Heroes!

To all of you I say how sorry I am to hear about the loss of two very special people. Recently, we, on the coast of Oregon, had just experienced the loss of three men who lost thier lives in November on a structure fire. This was due to an illegal installation of a kiln.The men who installed it are facing criminal charges as well. Please support each other and stay focused. We all have a job to do. Dont let your team fall apart for any reason. You are all very special people and do things that most people wouldn't have anything to do with what we do. Please give our sincere sympathy to all the families and that they are in our prayers. Before going on duty at anytime, dont forget to tell you families how much you love them.
    Please take care and please be very safe.
    Sincerely
    Dann Barnes
    Assistant Fire Chief
    Lakeside Fire Department
    Lakeside, Oregon

Comment

Like most, I too was thinking of the 3 in NY that died two years ago, and prayed that they would be the last. I hope that fathers day doesnt prove to be a deadly day for our family. I would like to extend my condolences to my brothers and sisters of the Mephis FD and to the friends and families of Lt. Trent Kirk and Pvt. Charles Zachary. Youre in our thoughts and prayers. Once again it is proven how dangerous metal/steel trusses really are. I hope that justice is served.

Is it me, or does it seem like firefighters die in spurts? Nothing will happen for a while then all of a sudden 3 will go within a few days of eachother. Its really sad. =o(

*~*You know you're a female firefighter when...you dont worry about your butt looking too big in bunker pants.*~*
      {{NEVER FORGET THE 343 FDNY and 12 NY EMS}}
      Last edited by LASVEGASFYRGIRL; 06-18-2003, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Memphis Firefighters

From all of us at the City of Biddeford,Maine Fire Dept,we offer our sincere condolences. We have had 3 line of duty deaths over the years and our heart goes out to the MFD and your families. We are thinking of all of you. Your heroes are now among an elite group, they are indeed in very good company. God bless.

Ricky A. Plummer
        Chief of Department

Comment

On behalf of the Marlborough Fire Department and Local 1714, our sincere condolences go out to the families, friends and coworkers of Lt. Trent Kirk and Firefighter Charles Zachary.

Requiescat in pace, fraters...
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Please Except Our Sincere Condolences And Prayers For The Loss Of Your Fallen Brothers'. Our Prayers To Their Spouses, Children, and Family Members. God Bless You All

Todd Pease, EMS Coordinator/FF
            Fire Protection District 2
            Springfield, LA

Comment

Update on LODDs

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - The widow of a firefighter who died in an
              arson fire at a Family Dollar store has filed a $6.5 million
              wrongful death lawsuit against the store, the Memphis Fire
              Department and the maker of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
              Lt. Trent Kirk and Pvt. Charles Zachary, both 39, were killed
              June 15, 2003, after rushing into the burning store where a
              civilian was wrongly believed to be trapped inside. Kirk died at
              the scene from extensive burns, while Zachary died from smoke
              inhalation the next day.
              Anthony Paul Shaw, a manager of the store, is charged with
              setting the blaze. He is awaiting trial on federal arson charges in
              which a public safety officer died. If convicted, he will face life
              in prison or death.
              In the lawsuit filed in Circuit Court, Donna Kirk said her
              husband's death resulted in part from the store's inadequate
              staffing and inaccurate floor plan; an ineffective radio
              communication system and rescue plan by the fire department; and an
              inaccurate 30-minute rating on a German-manufactured air tank.
              According to the suit, the Dragerwerk company should have
              cautioned that the tank would provide air for about 10 minutes for
              a firefighter of Kirk's size, 6-foot-2 and 275 pounds.
              Authorities say the fire was set by Shaw to cover up the theft
              of money from the store's safe.
              ---
              Information from: The Commercial Appeal,
              http://www.thecommercialappeal.com

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

APTV 06-09-04 0110EDT
              Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
              Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
              On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Every one knew that this was coming. It is not unusual for families to sue after a member is killed in the line of duty. Usually someone, the department or a piece of equipment may have been at fault.
                OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
                343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Comment

May God Bless Those Families

On behalf of the Satsuma Fire Rescue & Jackson Fire Departments,we send our most sincere condolences to the Mephis Fire Dept. and to the Famlies who lost love ones in this tragedy.May god give you peace and understanding to deal with this matter.
                  I think that they should diffently go for the death penalty for this blaten act of murder! That manager had to know he would put lives at risk! They out to burn him to death just like he did to LT. Kirk

REST IN PEACE OUR FALLEN BROTHERS

"GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN,THAN TO LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS" JOHN 15:13
                  Last edited by smitdog232; 06-11-2004, 06:28 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X