This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

I am looking for information on volunteer firefighting. I am writing a 10 page term paper on the subject. I'm a training officer for our local volunteer fire dept. If anyone has researched this topic, or has any information you would like to pass on, it would be greatly appreciated

Daniel
    [email protected]

Check the History Channel web page. History Channel
    I remember catching an hour long presentation fo the history of firefighting in the United States. They did a nice job of explaining firefighting from it's inception to present day. It also went into detail about how and why the first full time department was formed. As a vollie I was a little ashamed as to why New York had to go full time.

After each of the History Channel's episodes they usually give info on how to obtain a VHS copy. Maybe they will send you one.

Good Luck!

Comment

Look into anything related to Ben Franklin, he's supposedly the founding father on firefighting in America....
      "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
      -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Hey Farmfire ........ I did a Google search and found this in my travels ..... hope it helps ya. Volunteer Firefighting
        To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

Here's some more LOL
          American History Files
          Brief History
          Firefighting in Colonial America

Ok so I was a lil bored tonight....... but anyway hope I helped ya out a bit.
          To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...