• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDFPLT
    replied
    It's not a "Charter" process.

Originally posted by rfdlou View Post
    Where do these guys stand? http://www.pbvfd.com/about.html
    When I lived at Breezy you never called 911. Everyone called co op security & they would tone out the vols. then call the "city".
    rfdlou: The website talks about a charter. But, what does the "charter" say? In NYS, firefighting agencies don't become authorized through a "charter process." There are only three ways to be legally authorized. Become a "municipality as defined under NYS Law..." Become a "fire district as defined under NYS Law..." or contract for service with a municipality or a fire district.

Leave a comment:

• FDFPLT
    replied
    EMS is a different issue.

Originally posted by VinnieB View Post
    Only two of the Vollies are recognized by the FDNY as suppression units. Richmond and Oceanic in Staten Island. I've heard these units on the dept radio responding to boxes. The others, who operate Ambulances are recognized only by FDNY/EMS via the MARS system. (Mutual-Aid, Radio, Sysytem). There are many vollie EMS buses in NYC mostly in Queens. The only way they get runs is by buffing off our radios and PDs radios, or verbals.
    VinnieB: EMS is a totally different issue. All of the ten aforemention entities IMPLY that they are "authorized volunteer firefighting agencies in NYS." BUT THEY ARE NOT.

Leave a comment:

• FDFPLT
    replied
    The fact...

Originally posted by randsc View Post
    Your statement: One FACT must be made VERY CLEAR in this thread. Your statement is directly contradicted by the information Dalmatian posted. Period. There is only one knucklehead on this thread, and he is a troll with 8 posts to his name.
    I may have only 8 posts to my name... But, my statement is not contradicted by Dalmatian. There has been no evidence (nor, for that matter, even a CLAIM of legitimacy) put forward that any of the ten (including Richmond or Oceanic) are "Fire Districts" as defined in NYS Law; are part of the municipality of the City of New York (such as FDNY); or have a contract with the City of New York to provide fire protection/suppression. The alleged fact that Richmond and Oceanic are dispatched by FDNY lends SOME creedence that those two entities may be legitimate fire protection/suppression agencies, but it is by no means a verification of legitimacy. Consequently, the real knuckleheads are the trolls that imply that all of these entities are legitimate authorized firefighting agencies.

Leave a comment:

• rfdlou
    replied
    Point Breeze Volunteer Fire Department

Where do these guys stand? http://www.pbvfd.com/about.html
    When I lived at Breezy you never called 911. Everyone called co op security & they would tone out the vols. then call the "city".

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    VinnieB, please stop letting FACTS get in the way of a good story.

Leave a comment:

• VinnieB
    replied
    Only two of the Vollies are recognized by the FDNY as suppression units. Richmond and Oceanic in Staten Island. I've heard these units on the dept radio responding to boxes. The others, who operate Ambulances are recognized only by FDNY/EMS via the MARS system. (Mutual-Aid, Radio, Sysytem). There are many vollie EMS buses in NYC mostly in Queens. The only way they get runs is by buffing off our radios and PDs radios, or verbals.

Leave a comment:

• randsc
    replied
    Originally posted by FDFPLT View Post
    FYI: That link does not "contradict" my statement. That link only references two of the ten. So, what is your position on the eight other entities in question?

You make yourself look like a knucklehead when you try to take the focus off of the main issue at hand, and reference gramatical errors.
    Your statement:

One FACT must be made VERY CLEAR in this thread. Not one of the Volunteer Fire Companies in NYC (i.e., those listed in an above post) have the legal right to exist and/or provide fire protection in the City of New York or the State of New York. None of these aforementioned volunteer fire companies are part of FDNY or any other agency of the City of New York...
    One FACT must be made VERY CLEAR in this thread. Your statement is directly contradicted by the information Dalmatian posted. Period. There is only one knucklehead on this thread, and he is a troll with 8 posts to his name.

Leave a comment:

• FDFPLT
    replied
    So, what is your position on the eight other entities in question?

Originally posted by Dalmatian190 View Post
    This statement is explicitly contradicted by official information on the City of New York's own website -- http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/hi..._service.shtml
    FYI: That link does not "contradict" my statement. That link only references two of the ten. So, what is your position on the eight other entities in question?

You make yourself look like a knucklehead when you try to take the focus off of the main issue at hand, and reference gramatical errors.

Leave a comment:

• FDFPLT
    replied
    So, correct me if I'm wrong... you really don't care if persons calling themselves firefighters, without any true authority to perform as firefighters, show up at a fire scene and begin operating?

If that is the case... then I just don't know what to say to you.

Leave a comment:

• FDFPLT
    replied
    Actually...

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    HMVFA - Hudson - Mohawk Valley Firefighters Association

It was 2 AM when I typed it, and I haven't been active in that area in 20 plus years. It cam e to me after I went to bed.

I was never a member of that organization.
    Actually, you were closer with your initial attempt. HMVFA = Hudson Mohawk Volunteer Firefighters' Association. (i.e., no hyphen and the apostrophy is after the "s").

And, to be a member of HVVFA, HMVFA and most county VFA's, an applicant must be an active member of a volunteer fire company at the time of the application.

Leave a comment:

• FDFPLT
    replied
    Grammar is important... But, it doesn't change the facts.

Grammar is important. I concede that. But, the implication(s) in the passage, as a whole, rebuts your assertions. The fact remains that most, if not all, of the volunteer fire companies in the City of New York do not have legal authority to provide (or operate as) fire protection services.

They are not part of FDNY (i.e., a Department of the City of New York), they are not "Fire Districts," and they do not have a contract with the City of New York to provide fire protection services. And, in the State of New York, those are the ONLY three ways that they could be legally authorized to provide fire protection in the City of New York. And, even the City of New York's web-site doesn't change that fact.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by GodSendRain View Post
    But he didn't answer in the form of a question!

What is, "Who gives a f*cking rat's *ss"?

And when does double jeopardy start for this thread?
    Some people just don't have the intelligence to play Jeopardy!

If I phrased it "wheel of fortune" style, they would still screw it up!

Leave a comment:

• GodSendRain
    replied
    But he didn't answer in the form of a question!

What is, "Who gives a f*cking rat's *ss"?

And when does double jeopardy start for this thread?

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    And all that thinking gone for naught.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by callaway75 View Post
    Who Gives A F#####G Rats A##!!
    DING DING DING DING DING!

Ladies and Gentlemen.. we have a "Winnah!"

A tip of my N5A to you, sir!