Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact...

Originally posted by randsc View Post
    Your statement: One FACT must be made VERY CLEAR in this thread. Your statement is directly contradicted by the information Dalmatian posted. Period. There is only one knucklehead on this thread, and he is a troll with 8 posts to his name.
    I may have only 8 posts to my name... But, my statement is not contradicted by Dalmatian. There has been no evidence (nor, for that matter, even a CLAIM of legitimacy) put forward that any of the ten (including Richmond or Oceanic) are "Fire Districts" as defined in NYS Law; are part of the municipality of the City of New York (such as FDNY); or have a contract with the City of New York to provide fire protection/suppression. The alleged fact that Richmond and Oceanic are dispatched by FDNY lends SOME creedence that those two entities may be legitimate fire protection/suppression agencies, but it is by no means a verification of legitimacy. Consequently, the real knuckleheads are the trolls that imply that all of these entities are legitimate authorized firefighting agencies.

Comment

EMS is a different issue.

Originally posted by VinnieB View Post
      Only two of the Vollies are recognized by the FDNY as suppression units. Richmond and Oceanic in Staten Island. I've heard these units on the dept radio responding to boxes. The others, who operate Ambulances are recognized only by FDNY/EMS via the MARS system. (Mutual-Aid, Radio, Sysytem). There are many vollie EMS buses in NYC mostly in Queens. The only way they get runs is by buffing off our radios and PDs radios, or verbals.
      VinnieB: EMS is a totally different issue. All of the ten aforemention entities IMPLY that they are "authorized volunteer firefighting agencies in NYS." BUT THEY ARE NOT.

Comment

It's not a "Charter" process.

Originally posted by rfdlou View Post
        Where do these guys stand? http://www.pbvfd.com/about.html
        When I lived at Breezy you never called 911. Everyone called co op security & they would tone out the vols. then call the "city".
        rfdlou: The website talks about a charter. But, what does the "charter" say? In NYS, firefighting agencies don't become authorized through a "charter process." There are only three ways to be legally authorized. Become a "municipality as defined under NYS Law..." Become a "fire district as defined under NYS Law..." or contract for service with a municipality or a fire district.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X