This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Fire Boots

Having seen all this love for leather helmets out there i was wondering who has the boots too? i am a proud wearer of a cairns N5A and a pair of 10 inch Ranger zip up interior boots. i feel they are much more comfortable, safer while driving, and just better than the rubbers. what do u guys think?
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

HAd a pair of leather Rangers and threw them in the trash after about a year. Toes wore out inside self destructed really didnt like them at all.
    Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

I have a pair of leather 14" pull up Thorogood bunkers. I love them. I have had them over a year now and have had not a single problem with them. I am looking into a new pair of station boots. I am debating between Pro Warringtons and Thorogood 8" or 10" zips. Anyone want to comment?

*Mark
      FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

Proud owner of Warrington PRO 14" Pull-on Bunker boots, with the Nomex/Kevlar Upppers.... very comfortable.

Can't wait to get a leather lid.

Go for the Warrington PRO's - Many people that I know who had Rangers, like the Warrington PRO's because of the shape of the boot... the toe cap doesn't wear off after 2 months of use...
        Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
        "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Comment

I have my Conway Leather and Warrington Pro bunker boots. One must look good while putting out fires you know. One must also be comfortable.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Da Sharkie ]

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Cow on mellon, cow on wheels.

N5A & Warrington Pro 14" Traditional Nomex/ Kevlar
            Just my 2 cents....3 before taxes

Fir Na Tine

Comment

Pro Warrington's: The best Christmas present ever!
              IAFF
              PFANJ

Comment

I have 8" Thorogood Zips and resently looked at specs on a Paul Conway Heritage Leather Helmet. Was suprised to find out it is not a real leather helmet. It is leather wrapped around a synthetic shell.
                Stephen J Bourassa
                Latham FD (NY)
                member since 1969
                challenge competitor since 1993

Comment

I have worn both Warrington Pro and Black diamond boots...Love them both..almost identical except for the toe configuration. And even though the newer rubber boots are your regular shoe size...I still like my leather.....

Anyone on here remember the old Rico Maximizer....Those were the first fire boots (leather) that I can ever remember wearing.

As far as helmet...Yea...I love the N5A....no better... I have heard that the paul conway leather is actually a composite material covered with leather. Have not checked one out closely though...

The traditional helmet is the best but none of the comnposite traditional helmets reach out and grab me.
                  09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                  ------------------------------
                  IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                  "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                  BMI Investigator
                  ------------------------------
                  The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

As a little Christmas present ot myself I bought a pair of 14" Pro-Warrington Bunker boots.Second best investment I've made next to my Conway leather helmet. They are lighter and wayyyyy more comfortable!

Comment

I bought a pair of Black Diamond pull-ups last summer and love them! I have very messed up feet from years of ballet and gymnastics as a child, and am recovering from stress-fractures in both shins (yeah, if I was a horse, they'd put me down!). I still have to wear special inserts to support my feet, but the Black Diamond's are much more supportive than the rubber boots. It was definintely worth the expense!
                      Spec. Krista M. Aukeman, United States Army

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
                      - Phillips Brooks

Comment

Can't say enough in favor of leather boots! We group-ordered for a bunch of guys from my FD and another next door, and the majority were very satisfied (we went with Warrington PRO's after doing some research and online discussions---check out www.TotalFireGroup.com for some excellent, unbiased research material.

The one suggestion that I'd make is, whatever brand that you're interested in, get some samples to try on before making a final discision. The leathers really do fit like shoes, so be careful in selecting the correct size for your own feet/how you wear socks/insoles/etc (no extra "slop room" like rubber bunkers that can be made up with extra socks or cut-up carpet pieces). The one member of my dept. that wasn't happy with his pair had REALLY big feet and didn't get an accurate size to try on pre-order (but he ended up selling them to another guy who didn't get in on the group buy initially, but wished he had after it came in!
                        No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

Leather Forever!

Cairn's Leather N6A Houston on the head,

PRO Warrington 4000 Leather/Kevlar/Nomex boots,

Living the dream...

Comment

I have been using the Warrington Pro 14 inch bunker boots for about 3 years. I love them. My Department is now ordering them. The only problem I had was sometimes the leather would shrink and be tight to get on. I broke three straps because of it. The Rep selling the boots told me to try saddle soap to loosen them. Other then that they are great.

Comment

conway leather on head, warrington pro 14" all leather pull on, on the feet

and yes the conway leather is actually a "composite liner" wrapped in dyed leather, kind of line the impact liner in the sam houston... i love em both
                              Shevais M. Shrum
                              Western Wake Fire Rescue

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...