This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banding Together

Would value your comments on the website and project! (Stamphill--please reply to my email so I can get you your patch--and anyone else who previously contacted me from this forum)
    500+ departments already participating--please join us! National Firefighters 9-11 Memorial Patch

I have seen the same silhouette design on a Christmas ornament and something else. The only problem I could see with other departments wearing this patch is if they have suffered large LODD from a major call in their own area. But hey, I'm for anything that keeps the losses at FDNY in the minds of the public.
    God Bless Them All.
    The Heroes' Cross, helping to keep the promise .......... to 'never forget'. Dedicated to the 343 FDNY heroes, donated to their families. God Bless.

Comment

Thanks for your comments Ompa! The firefighter symbol is popular and seen in many other places. This is why it was used. The same goes for the Amercian Flag and NYC skyline. The patch is about familiar and meaningfull symbols that together, send a message. Also, the words written on the bottom of the patch, "We Will Never forget," come from a banner displayed at Ground Zero.

As far as other departments not wearing the patch because of their own tragic LODD's, one of the first large departments to come forward and want to participate was in the Pacific Northwest. They suffered their own significant LODD's during a commerical (arson) fire not long ago when four of their members perished in the fire.

The loss in FDNY was unacceptable and will be in the minds of firefighters for decades to come, as will all other LODD's that have been suffered over the years. Hopefully, this patch will help those who have suffered losses in their own department by remembering those who gave their lives on September 11th as well.

Thanks again for your insight

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X