No announcement yet.

Minitor 4 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a 4 a couple of months ago. I have the same problem of accidentally turning it off (before it clicks) when I turn the volume down, which sucks because it erases the recording.
    When left on alert (or bell, or whatever you call it), mine will normally go to a continuous squelch (other than when someone talks) after the page, and stay that way until it resets. This drains the batteries, even in the charger.

Comment

Minitor IV

We just got the IV's a couple months ago. I like the playback feature and the vibrate mode but so far I've found it dosen't pick up as well as the II's, and like others have stated, I've also accidently erased the playback by turning down the volume. Also it didn't go off once for a fire run, luckily I had my scanner on and heard the call on it.

Comment

were you SLEEPING ????????????? bababbahaahahhahahahLMAO>................couldnt resist 159 !
        IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
        Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
        ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
        RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
        LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
        I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
        "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
        http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Very Funny Josh! Guess which fire call it happened to be!

Comment

ouch.............I am over and OUT !
            ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
            RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
            LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
            I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Comment

We've had the 4's for a month now and have had no major problems with most of them. One had a bad set of batteries that wouldn't hold a charge. Replaced the batteries and it's worked perfectly.

The one minor problem that we've had is the Vibrate/PTL ("Push To Listen") feature does not work. It is supposed to stay silent until the squelch/reset button is pushed but the squelch opens immediately after the alert is received.

The pagers that were replaced by the 4's were Shinwa. The 4's are much, much better than these.
              FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

Moe,
                you just have program glitch...............originally ours were the same but after a couple of trips to Bender it got worked out !
                RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Comment

That's what I figured it was Josh but unfortunately we didn't get ours from Bender but from some outfit in Oak Harbor.

Maybe I'll hit C.P. up to borrow NFD's programming software. What'cha think 77?
                  Last edited by WTFD10; 06-13-2003, 05:01 PM.
                  FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

you got them from Rays ? I would ask Fyrenresq77 on these forums ....or PM me for his email or if you got good relations with CP give him a call ..........over
                    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Comment

Yes we got them from Ray's. I've got 77's e-mail, I'll get with him. Thanks J.

We now return the rest of you to your regularly scheduled forum.

WNCX691 clear and off the air
                      FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

Hey Moe, We haven't even used that software yet. I hope to sit down soon and play with it a little to see how it works. As soon as I do, I will let you know. As a matter of fact, no one has used it yet. I knw the last time I talked to CP about it, he's only going to have a couple people use it, and since me and another guy program our portables (personal ones, not the FD's) I think it'll probably be us and maybe 1 or 2 others. I'll let you know
                        The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                        We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                        IACOJ

Comment

My town is upgrading from Minitor II's to Minitor IV's and the problem we seem to be having is that we are picking eveything up when the guys are on monitor. On our old II's, we were able to monitor and had no problem but know with the IV's, the guys won't monitor because they really don't want to listen to towns that are miles away. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know if there is a PL tone setting for the new pagers or do we just have to deal with it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire26
                            My town is upgrading from Minitor II's to Minitor IV's and the problem we seem to be having is that we are picking eveything up when the guys are on monitor. On our old II's, we were able to monitor and had no problem but know with the IV's, the guys won't monitor because they really don't want to listen to towns that are miles away. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know if there is a PL tone setting for the new pagers or do we just have to deal with it. Thanks in advance.
                            As far as I know, there's no PL capability on the Minitor IV. However, there is an adjustable squelch setting (you need the programming software to do it). Having the squelch set higher on your units may be the way to get rid of this problem (or most of it).

--------------------

Also, on an unrelated note to this question and in the interest of full disclosure, I deleted my post from mid 2003 regarding the reception issues and wish to briefly correct it here. One of the reasons people believe they "don't get good reception" with the Minitor IV units is because these synthesized units are more precisely tuned than the older crystal-on-board units. At the fringes of their useful range or in the presence of too much interference, the signal will just be lost, where with the Minitor I & II's some parts of the signal would still be heard. I had originally had this backwards due to not reading some of the technical info carefully enough. Sorry. Of course, the squelch settings could also contribute to this problem, as well.

We have been phasing the Minitor IVs in at our station and found them to be a bit buggy, but reliable enough for our use. One of the things we did was to buy the programming hardware & software so that we can work on the programming of our units in-house. It's easy to use and it's not terribly expensive...we've easily saved more in programming fees in the past two years as we fiddled with the programming of individual units to suit individual needs than it cost us to buy the programming setup in the first place. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Bob is right, there is no PL capability for the Minitor IV. Although I'm sure as an alternative, Motorola will sell you a new radio system on a different frequency without any other interference

PL on a Mintor II was an elusive feature that was VERY uncommon. Most people don't even know it existed and even dealers would say "No, they don't do that". From what little I remember about that, I think it would make certain other features unavailable due to space constraints.
                              Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X