Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Las Vegas Casino Fire – “Las Vegas Is Burning”

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Oops, forgot one ...
    Originally posted by HFDCLanger
    2. To provide some informative content, particularly for those who were misinformed by the implied meanings of the original thread, whether he admits to there being implied meanings in it not (the entire thread seemed solely of implied meaning to me – you still haven’t explained otherwise). I am happy to discuss this second intention with anybody who is curious or would like to understand the truth.
    Anyone who knows how I post on here understands that I do not imply things. If I want to convey a message, I state it plain and simple. I do not imply things, I do not leave room for misunderstanding or interpretation. George Wendt and I got into it a while ago regarding "implied" messages that he thought I was making about law enforcement officers. I made it clear that I have no problem with law enforcement officers and I appreciate the outstanding service that they provide. After much haggling, he understood that I did not, don't, and will not post anything with a hidden meaning. Hopefully, you will come to this realization also.

    Since you have read the stars and know this "second intention" of mine, why don't you share "the truth" with all of us? Let's see if you can tell us all what I'm thinking right now.
    ... how about NOW?
    ... and NOW?

    I'm guessing you won't get many inquiries as to my "second intention" since everyone else knows that there is no "second intention." Again, why is it that you are the only one who can't grasp this concept?

    Stay Safe
    Last edited by PAVolunteer; 06-09-2003, 12:21 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      I got it!

      Hey PA, maybe you're being Punk'D!

      Comment


      • #18
        Or Larry has been reincarnated..........
        The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
        We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
        IACOJ

        Comment


        • #19
          See them tumbling down
          Pledging their love to the ground
          Lonely but free I'll be found
          Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
          Cares of the past are behind
          Nowhere to go but I'll find
          Just were the trail will wind
          Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
          I know when night has gone
          That a new world's born at dawn
          I'll keep rolling along
          Deep in my heart is a song
          Here on the range I belong
          Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
          I know when night has gone
          That a new world's born at dawn
          I'll keep rolling along
          Deep in my heart is a song
          Here on the range I belong
          Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: I got it!

            Originally posted by EFD840
            Hey PA, maybe you're being Punk'D!
            I'm beginning to feel that way!

            Stay Safe

            Comment


            • #21
              If It Stinks, Stay Up...........

              PA, remember the first rule. If it stinks, stay uphill, upwind, upstream from it. Stay Safe....
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

              IACOJ Budget Analyst

              I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

              www.gdvfd18.com

              Comment


              • #22
                This MUST be Larry!!

                Don't get me started!!!!!

                .....Larry.......HE'S BAAAAACK!!!!!
                FTM-PTB
                trk4

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by E229Lt
                  See them tumbling down
                  Pledging their love to the ground
                  Lonely but free I'll be found
                  Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
                  Cares of the past are behind
                  Nowhere to go but I'll find
                  Just were the trail will wind
                  Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
                  I know when night has gone
                  That a new world's born at dawn
                  I'll keep rolling along
                  Deep in my heart is a song
                  Here on the range I belong
                  Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
                  I know when night has gone
                  That a new world's born at dawn
                  I'll keep rolling along
                  Deep in my heart is a song
                  Here on the range I belong
                  Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
                  LMFAO, I was waiting to see if there would be a reference to the great "conflagration".

                  To borrow a phrase from Rodney King, "Why cant we all just get along"?
                  Shawn M. Cecula
                  Firefighter
                  IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Ok, PA, here. Here’s my last scrap of dignity. Enjoy it (Thanks for the quote, Hugh).

                    I’m going to be completely straightforward here so there is no misunderstanding. Let me know if anything needs to be clarified.


                    The reason for the post:

                    Originally posted by SPFDRum:
                    response to some outrageous posts by former forum member. The intention of the thread wasn't to bash the poster, but the statements they made.
                    Originally posted by hfd66truck:
                    he also made some really outrageous statements at times. Had you been here and experienced the "thrill", you too may have sought a time to share a little "tidbit" that went against one of these "statements".
                    Originally posted by PAVolunteer:
                    I was proving that it is possible to bust on a former forum member by showing something could happen that this former member said could not happen.

                    The article referenced:

                    http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...2&sectionId=45


                    The statement originally quoted:

                    Originally posted by fcvfd:
                    All commercial buildings over 1 story and all buildings used for public occupancy are sprinkled in Las Vegas. They follow the code.

                    So tell me, what is so “outrageous” about this statement? Let’s review the scenario:

                    “All commercial buildings over one story”. Last time I checked, a building that has been vacant for fifty years is not considered commercial.

                    “All buildings used for public occupancy”. Ok, let’s do the math. Zero + zero = Zero. Zero, although a relatively new concept in relation to other integers, is not high occupancy.

                    Moreover, it had been over 25 years since the building had met these criteria when the retrofit codes were implemented. And the building was in the process of a retrofit at the time of the fire to meet code before its re-opening.


                    The goal of the post:

                    Originally posted by PAVolunteer:
                    I was proving that it is possible to bust on a former forum member by showing something could happen that this former member said could not happen.
                    Said what? That some decades-old vacant building couldn’t burn? The poster never said anything like this.

                    Who would care if it burned, anyway? The purpose of sprinklers is to save lives. That is why NV implemented the codes; that is the subject on which the poster made the above quote. The goal of the codes is to save lives, not stop some old vacant casino from burning. The LVFD wasn’t about to run in there and get themselves killed either. That is what they have deck guns, ladder pipes, big pumps, and large diameter hose. Set up a collapse zone, get comfortable, and flow some big water.


                    Originally posted by hfd66truck:
                    I for one appreaciate the information you brought to this issue.
                    I'm glad.


                    Originally posted by sconfire:
                    read into it...
                    Originally posted by hwoods:
                    Who???????????
                    Originally posted by KyleWickman:
                    rumor has it he has been spotted in the north east. Did someone say his name three times?
                    Originally posted by firenresq77:
                    been reincarnated..........
                    Originally posted by E229Lt:
                    Drifting along with the tumbling tumble weed
                    Originally posted by gfdtrk4:
                    HE'S BAAAAACK!!!!!
                    If any of you are trying to say that I have had any correspondence regarding this thread with the individual you reference, you are assuming something that is wrong and completely untrue.

                    And, no, I am not a reincarnation of anybody from these forums.

                    In the future, please refrain from making such presumptuous accusations.


                    PA, what do you have to show for your career? You know about the fire problem, what are you doing about it? How would you like to follow the lead of the individual you reference, and be remembered as one of those who played an instrumental part in implementing a 100% retrofit code in the state of PA, saved countless lives, and brought the state to the top of the statistics list?
                    Last edited by HFDCLanger; 06-16-2003, 12:24 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by HFDCLanger
                      Who would care if it burned, anyway? The purpose of sprinklers is to save lives. That is why NV implemented the codes; that is the subject on which the poster made the above quote. The goal of the codes is to save lives, not stop some old vacant casino from burning. The LVFD wasn’t about to run in there and get themselves killed either. That is what they have deck guns, ladder pipes, big pumps, and large diameter hose. Set up a collapse zone, get comfortable, and flow some big water.
                      Silly me... I thought sprinklers were there to minimize fire damage in conjunction with protecting lives.
                      I found humor in the orignal post, in the context it was meant.

                      *Mark
                      FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

                      Comment

                      300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                      Collapse

                      Upper 300x250

                      Collapse

                      Taboola

                      Collapse

                      Leader

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X