This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "WHOSE MEDIA??????"

"In God we trust"--"All the News that's fit to print"--"For the record"......these are all cliches' for the media in this country, plus a lot more. They would like you to believe what you read or what they report is true. Living in rural New Mexico, I've found the media, or at least it's local version is a lot more sympathetic and accurate to Emergency Workers then that of it's Urban cousins. I previously lived in NYC for a period of some 55+ years......and was astounded as to how hard it was to make people know of the Sculpture Problem at FDNY. None of the media, no-one would take it on until a fearless AP reporter broke the news, from there it was...."sign me on!" by every newspaper and talk show except the O'Reilly Factor. So you Vollys and Small FD's....support your local media....believe me they are good to you! One little point in relation to cliches'...."Ground Zero", you'll never hear a Firefighter call it that, it's simply "The Pile", or more presently "The Hole"....just another example of the media's way of handing everything a spectacular name.
    "All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...