Funeral Procedures......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funeral Procedures......

I need some help, my chaplain of my dept is trying to get our procedures documented for future members on how we provide for our members families during the funeral. For a member that passes away of natural causes - 1- how many strikes of the bell?, 2- entering the funeral parlour, 3-lining up before the dept service, 4- proper prayers (usually firemens and Fallen Firefighters Memorial prayer), any other ways or procedures that you may have. I know this is odd, but we just want to get everything straight. thanks

Visit www.fallenfirefighter.com for some excellent protocols for funerals.

Setting up a Funeral

Wendy Norris of Firefighter Ministries also offers counseling by phone at (281) 335-5434 or by fax at (425) 930-4423.

Also, contact the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation for a LODD resource guide.

Resource Guide Request
    Last edited by NJFFSA16; 06-03-2003, 01:28 AM.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Email me...

PM me for details.
      Last edited by CALFFBOU; 03-03-2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Here's another helpful site. Illinois Fire Chiefs Funeral committee
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Those are some very informative sites. When we lost a brother just over a year ago, we had so much support from people who knew what to do and were willing to do it for us. After all they did for us, I wanted our department to put itself in a position to where we could be of some assistance to other departments if tragedy were to happen there. We are in the process of developing an honor guard. Are any forum members here a part of your department's honor guard?
          Member IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X