This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAR Euipment

We have been told by the higher-ups that we have $100,000 to spend on new equipment for a USAR trailer. Does anybody have any suggestions or input. We currently have equipment to do limited stuctural collapse duties such as shoring and cribbing. However, we do not have any of the high tech equipment such as sounding and listening devices. Please let me know what you have had luck using or what you feel is a poor purchase. Equipment brand names would be appreciated too.
    Thanks!

One thing I have found to be nice when doing SAR is the Krill light its good to use in lots of ways. check it out

Comment

If you are looking B&B (breaching and breaking)and are on a budget, look at the gas powered diamond chain saws for concrete.

In the search arena I would reccomend a the brand name search cam. We use them extensivley on the federal level and they perform well. For a local or regional response I shy away from the Delsar, which is the listening device we use. The reason is its effective environment is limited and is expenisve and has a lot of upkeep issues.

It may be a good idea to get ahold of the cache list we use on the federal teams. Then you could muddle through and decide what best suits.
      Views stated do not reflect that of my department or local.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X