This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY officials decide to scrap statue

Congrats to all of you who spoke up and made the PC people back down! This just goes to show what happens when we band together and speak as a group.
    Firefighter/NREMT-B/Hazmat Tech
    To the Lord Jesus Christ: Thanks for providing a career where we can make a difference.

I haven't seen any news or article on this. Now is it going to be like the original photo, or not done at all?????
    The Heroes' Cross, helping to keep the promise .......... to 'never forget'. Dedicated to the 343 FDNY heroes, donated to their families. God Bless.

Comment

So far.......The Donor Mr B Ratner and the FDNY are studing new options to their memorial. What these options are, anyone can guess, but I'm sure they will not attempt another cheap shot at the FDNY. One other thing that's a good bet is, the fact that so many right here from all over got involved, maybe the "Days of Apathy" are finally over. The word "decide" as appears in the topic post, might appropatively be retermed as; "trapped and exposed"! Thanks again.......FDNYRR
      "All gave some...Some gave all!"
      9/11/01 Lest we forget!
      FDNYRR

Comment

Nothing has been decided but one thing is clear. The new administration of New York seems to care about the opinions and feelings of it's uniformed forces. The mayor asked the fire commissioner to try to resolve this and the commissioner has gone forward. He seems to TRULY respect the wishes of the majority of the rank and file and has asked the property owner to reconsider.

On the other side of the forces, the police commissioner has begun to address the working wages and retention issues facing both the PD and FD.

I am becoming cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Please encourage them to make the wonderful memorial to the Fire Fighters who lost their lives on September 11. These fine people are heroes who should long be remembered for their deeds or heroism.

Comment

[quote] I am becoming cautiously optimistic. - E229LT

ditto bro!
            May God bless all the people and families who have lost
            their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
            [email protected]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader