Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD32gun
    replied
    I think it depends on what you are doing. I prefer leather pull ons they are more comfortable to my feet, than rubbers. Yet when it comes to decon rubbers are better. If you do have leathers you need to maintain them, includes polishing them. Helps keep water out as well as protects. I have had rubbers and they are easier to maintain and clean. But they are uncomfortable, they don't have as much support. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    has anyone tried the Thorogood boots? I was looking at the 14" structure pull ons and thinking about buying a pair.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    gettin ready to try the Servus leathers .........will let you all know ..........

Leave a comment:

• ThNozzleman
    replied
    We use the Crosstech leather pull-ups and we are having a real problem with the liners separating and coming out with your foot. The distributor told us that they had corrected the problem, but some of the new ones that came in still do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Ladders3
    replied
    Warrington Pro's

I have been wearing Warrignton Pro boots for the last 15 years, and would highly recommend them. I wear a zip up station boot as well as the pull-on bunker boot. I think that they provide superior protection. On one occasion, I was in a particularly hot fire in which we had to crawl down a long hallway with a layer of hot embers from the collapsed ceiling on the floor. Two of my crew members were wearing Ranger leather boots, and I was wearing Warringtion Pro's. My two crew members recieved serious 2nd degree burns on their feet and ankles. I recieved burns on my legs above the boot line, but none on my feet. I think that this attest to the superioriy of the Pro's. My only complaint is that they do not provide great arch support. This can be rectified, though, by inserting some Dr. Schols arch supports or something similar.

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    $225 around here for the Tradition. Come with two different insoles to provide for better comfort and have different features than HAIX. The sales dudes now have cut-a-ways to show you comparison of features and comfort as well as construction.... Superior to all I have seen so far.

Leave a comment:

• hootman
    replied
    Almost forgot

Capt Stanm1 and recommenders,

I held a Tradition boot in my hand at FDIC West this past feburary in Sacramento-Made in Italy, great fit and finish. They have a lot of the design features of the HAIX 14" turnout boot, I'd give them a try.

$269.00 for the HAIX- The Tradition guy would not give me a quote for their boot.

Be safer,

Hootman

Leave a comment:

• hootman
    replied
    Station Boots

Capt Stanm1 and recommenders,

I spoke with the fire rep at Redback and he discounted the steel toed slip ons to $120.00. I know its seems like a lot of duckets, Redbacks should last three/four years according to the guys in San Diego Fire who I talked to. I could blow through a pair of Redwings in 8 months. I spoke to the rep concerning the Aussie website-BEWARE those boots are not ANSI certifed. I have been in my boots for about 3 weeks now, what a difference! Comfortable right out of the box, we ran 13 calls last shift and my feet felt great and my back did'nt hurt. The slip on boots look a little funny but the utility of not having to lace /zip makes sense.

www.redbackboots.com

Be safe,

Hootman

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    hootman.....how much do you pay for the redback station boots?

You ever tried the TRADITION BOOT, which to me seems to be much better quality that HAIX and comparitbly priced?

www.fireboot.com

Leave a comment:

• wfdirish
    replied
    station boots

Yea I already have a pair of station boots they get the job done great for first responders etc. I have to say if youre looking for a station boot,I would recommend ROCKY as a brand. Comfortable, easy in and out and (zip up).

Leave a comment:

• hootman
    replied
    I would like to comment:

In today's fire service one pair of boots just can't do it all. Why should you wear a structural entry boot to medical aid calls? The trend, from a risk management stand point is wear a station boot, something that is comfortable, steel toed and easy on & off. When responding to a stucture call, wear the appropriate turnout or bunker boots. In our section of the country we require a wildland boot for the urban interface incidents.

I have been very happy with my Redback station boots, for the 95% time I'm not in turnouts. As for turnout boots, I have to recommend the HAIX leather boot. Try this combination, your back will be healthier.

www.redbackboots.com
    www.lionapparel.com

Be safe,

Hootman

Leave a comment:

• Kvfcjr
    replied
    Ok cool, thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• N2DFire
    replied
    How do you deal with the zip ups? like a regular bunker boot stays in the bunker when not in use, what about the zip ups, seeings how ther're smaller
    I kept mine in the gear bag w/ my Turn Outs - pulled on the pants - then stepped into the boot's and zipped em up. Was O.K. unless I had to dress out in the rain. Hard to take off shoes - pull on pants - step into boots w/o stepping on wet ground

... about you new pw5000's, where, and how much?
    www.thefirestore.com and I don't remember - ordered them in Dec (as a late Christman present to myself) but they were the lowest price on pw5000 I could find at the time.

Leave a comment:

• mstclair190
    replied
    PRO Warrington is by far the best I've used.

Kvfcjr
    How do you deal with the zip ups? like a regular bunker boot stays in the bunker when not in use, what about the zip ups, seeings how ther're smaller
    I currently use the PRO zip-up style. They're set up just like if I was using regular bunker boots. Only real difference is that once I'm finished pushing my bunker pants down, I don't have 6 or 7 inches of boot top sticking out.

Leave a comment:

• Gx7E10
    replied
    Lion Apparel Fire Hunters

Lion Apparel

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse