Recommend Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend Boots?

Boys I'm looking at purchasing some new boots. Any prefrences?
    "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for hs brothers".

Firefighter of the Future

"There's no use sending a FF to hell, he'd just try to put it out"

"We're the one's walking in when everyone else is running out"

Pro Warrington!!

I have two pairs of Pro-Warringtons, and I love them. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Good Luck in your search.

Patrick

Comment

I'm with Patrick631 on this one, I love my pro-warringtons and would never wear anything else. I have the 10" w/zippers, but i never use the zippers. I'm looking into getting the new 14" model. But i would definitely go with PRO-WARRINGTONS

Comment

I prefer the ranger firewalker.I have tried both the 8" zippered and now i have the 14" pull up leather boots. I like the 14" better.

Comment

I am on my second pair of 14" warringtons,had my new pair for about 3 years now. My first pair lasted almost 9 years (not much leather left on the toes though. Also wear 8" zippered pair for fire investigation. Have found nothing warmer or more comfortable.

VINTAGE FIREFIGHTER:
          The older I get the braver I was!

Vintage Firefighter:
          "The older I get the braver I was!"

Comment

Pro Warrington Fan Here !!

I wore a pair of 8" Black Diamond Zip-Up's for years. Decided I would rather go back to a full bunker style boot. Bought me a pair of PW 5000's and haven't looked back
            Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
            Stephen
            FF/Paramedic
            Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by N2DFire
              Pro Warrington Fan Here !!

I wore a pair of 8" Black Diamond Zip-Up's for years. Decided I would rather go back to a full bunker style boot. Bought me a pair of PW 5000's and haven't looked back
              2 questions....

How do you deal with the zip ups? like a regular bunker boot stays in the bunker when not in use, what about the zip ups, seeings how ther're smaller

and also, about you new pw5000's, where, and how much?

Comment

Try Tradition Footwear. They are even in your area. www.fireboot.com

They make a great leather pull on and zipper boot as well as wildland boots and station footwear.

In my opinion far superior to other on the market.
                09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                ------------------------------
                IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                BMI Investigator
                ------------------------------
                The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

I have 2 pair of Black Diamond boots and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I tried a few other brands and found these to be lightweight and more comfortable than the others. Any type of leather boot will run circles around the traditional rubber boots.

Boot Height: 14 Inches

Upper Midsole: 2.2mm thick rubber midsole is strong but flexible

Lining: Cambrelle quilted to layer of 300g Poly felt with Gore-Tex Crosstech membrane

Footbed: Removable Body Cushion insert with poly suede cover

Tibia Protector: ¼” sponge rubber, strong but flexible

Steel Toe: HI 500 steel toe

Steel Midsole: Stainless steel

Steel Shank: Double ridged steel/chemlock coating

Outsole: VIBRAM 1275 aggressive rubber lug outsole

Pull on Loops: Leather, combined to 10 oz. for maximum durability

270-0972$235.25
                  Last edited by PFD109NFD107; 05-29-2003, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Lion Apparel Fire Hunters

Lion Apparel

Comment

PRO Warrington is by far the best I've used.

Kvfcjr
                      How do you deal with the zip ups? like a regular bunker boot stays in the bunker when not in use, what about the zip ups, seeings how ther're smaller
                      I currently use the PRO zip-up style. They're set up just like if I was using regular bunker boots. Only real difference is that once I'm finished pushing my bunker pants down, I don't have 6 or 7 inches of boot top sticking out.
                      Mark
                      Firefighter / Paramedic
                      IAFF Local 10

Comment

I kept mine in the gear bag w/ my Turn Outs - pulled on the pants - then stepped into the boot's and zipped em up. Was O.K. unless I had to dress out in the rain. Hard to take off shoes - pull on pants - step into boots w/o stepping on wet ground

... about you new pw5000's, where, and how much?
                        www.thefirestore.com and I don't remember - ordered them in Dec (as a late Christman present to myself) but they were the lowest price on pw5000 I could find at the time.
                        Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                        Stephen
                        FF/Paramedic
                        Instructor

Comment

Ok cool, thanks guys

Comment

I would like to comment:

In today's fire service one pair of boots just can't do it all. Why should you wear a structural entry boot to medical aid calls? The trend, from a risk management stand point is wear a station boot, something that is comfortable, steel toed and easy on & off. When responding to a stucture call, wear the appropriate turnout or bunker boots. In our section of the country we require a wildland boot for the urban interface incidents.

I have been very happy with my Redback station boots, for the 95% time I'm not in turnouts. As for turnout boots, I have to recommend the HAIX leather boot. Try this combination, your back will be healthier.

www.redbackboots.com
                            www.lionapparel.com

Be safe,

Hootman

Comment

station boots

Yea I already have a pair of station boots they get the job done great for first responders etc. I have to say if youre looking for a station boot,I would recommend ROCKY as a brand. Comfortable, easy in and out and (zip up).
                              "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for hs brothers".

Firefighter of the Future

"There's no use sending a FF to hell, he'd just try to put it out"

"We're the one's walking in when everyone else is running out"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X