Vent Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent Truck

Does anyone have any pictures of a Ventilation Truck?
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Backdraft

Go to cnn.com and search on Iraq, they showed heaps of ventilated trucks.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

My truck gets vented when I open the windows and the sliding rear window and crank the AC!

Comment

Would this be a new rig for "Cadet Fire Rescue"?

Comment

Cap Gonzo,

Do you mean like this????

I have left a pile of sticks beside your seat, so you can play FETCH with the puppies.
          Attached Files

Comment

dfdex1 said
            Would this be a new rig for "Cadet Fire Rescue"?
            Having a wet dream dfdex1? We all know what yours is now dfdex1.
            Bless us each on every call
            Keep us safe, Don't let us fall.
            But if I should,
            'tis a relief, to know my brothers and sisters,
            will share my families grief.

Todd

The Jester

Comment

LOL

HUH? WHAT? DUH? But if your askin' im more of a quint guy.
              Last edited by dfdex1; 05-29-2003, 05:45 PM.

Comment

LOL

Actually im looking for a Vent truck for the fire service. You know ones that have stuff on them to do ventilation.

DFDEX is that all you do is jump all over people about everything.
                Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Comment

Kiwi, you boob! That's a vented ENGINE (or pumper if you prefer). He's looking for a vent TRUCK.

Duh.
                  Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Ventilation Trucks

Ryan,
                    In most departments, ventilation is one of many roles a truck is supposed to support. In departments that run truck companies, the trucks typically take care of it. In departments without truck companies, it's often done by the crew of the "rescue", "salvage", "task unit", or "utility" truck.

There are a few departments that have specialized ventilation trucks. Usually, they are customized trucks with very high volume fans, etc. I can't remember specifically, but I believe one of the northern KY departments has something like this. It's essentially a huge fan mounted on a flat bed, with flexible duct work (like what the utility companies use to blow air into man-holes). They use it to clear smoke from malls, etc.

Hope this helps.
                    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Comment

Here's a vent truck.

God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
                      Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
                      Click this to search FH Forums!

Comment

Check The Archives............

Yes, there are, or were, Units (Trucks) designed to provide ventilation service as a primary function of the unit. The Hyattsville, (P.G.County Md.) VFD had one built by Pirsch back in the 1930's. According to "Triumph and Tradition" a book on the history of Firefighting in Prince George's County by the late Capt. Ed Bosanko, PGFD, the Hyattsville rig was something far ahead of most Fire/Rescue technology of the time, and made quite a stir when called into action. The "Big City" Wash. DC Fd called for help from Hyattsville on several occasions. Today, this is a rare bird indeed, I do not know of any such unit in the Mid-Atlantic area. However, Prince George's and Montgomery Counties (Md) both have Air Boats for River Rescue operations, and on several occasions have used an Airboat (Tightly tied down to it's trailer!!) to provide airflow ventilation for underground parking facilities. Also someone posting here might know about Super Vac Company in Colorado. They were (are) in the ventilation business for Fire/Rescue applications. Stay Safe....
                        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                        In memory of
                        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Look up the Chicago FD, they should have a website...I know for a lot of years they ran smoke ejector units..think they still operate something like that for large scale fires in commericla occupancies.

Just my 2 cents..Stay Safe...

Comment

whats the purpose of that truck?

Comment

Jay

Here at IST (Incredibly Stupid Trucks) we pride ourselves on being able to satisfy our clients requests.

To that end we present your Vent Truck.

Advantages.

1 Leave the fan running on the way for that "extra" pickup speed.

2 Back the truck up to the door and let er rip.

(KVFCJR. YOU of all people should be able to recognize something that is capable of moving a lot of wind.)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by FlyingKiwi; 05-29-2003, 06:27 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X