This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Flag Raising at Ground Zero"

Finally...after receiving heat from every FDNY member and those Out-of-Town people who came to assist at the WTC....the clerk turned spokesman Frank Gribbons admitted it was the Fire Departments idea to modify the now-famous photo/sculpture. So what is to be done? To hear him speak after a new alliance with the Donor, Bruce Ratner.....they are going to proceed with their rendition of the Sculpture....screw the firefighters. If they do, keep your eyes open....we'll initiate an action for funding to build one bigger-better-and to include All who perished that day, not just the FDNY. One important point to remember is that, our opposition is not racially or gender biased, but rather the changing of History, no matter who the three individuals were that day. I personally never heard the request to remove the Native American from the Iwo Jima Sculpture or photo?
    "All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

I agree. It shouldn't be a matter of "politically correct". It's a historical moment that just happened to belong to 3 caucasian firemen. No one is ever going to forget those who died on 9-11 so why should we screw with the picture. Keep the politics out of it and build the statue the way it should be.

Comment

I agree. It shouldn't be a matter of "politically correct". It's a historical moment that just happened to belong to 3 caucasian firemen. No one is ever going to forget those who died on 9-11 so why should we screw with the picture. Keep the politics out of it and build the statue the way it should be.

Comment

I agree 100% the statue is to remember everybody that was killed in the 9-11-01 attacks. Why are they having such a problem w/ the statue? I never heard a single person complain about the picture itself. I say they make the statue out of stone and dont even paint it then everyone will be happy. Everybody being so politically correct is really starting to get on my absolute last nerve!!!
        LADIES LOVE ME.
        FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Comment

FDNYRR:
          Last night on one of the cable news channels, I think it was MSNBC, Lester Holt was sponsoring a debate on that very subject. Rep. Perry King was debating some politically correct lady about changing "historical reality". He believes that if the statue is going to be done of the famous photo, then it should be the three who was in it and not what is being proposed. He went on to state that he is for a statue of the many ethnic and gender groups who lost their lives done in some other fashion. You are right; it's not about race or anything else; it's about being historically correct; not necessarily politically correct. Keep the heat on, brother. What is the IAFF's position, because weren't the three men in the photo IAFF members? If so, wouldn't they have a say in how the likeness is used?
          Think of the possibilities if they are allowed to continue in this misguided idea that it doesn't matter.
          Take care.
          Visit www.iacoj.com
          Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
          RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

FDNYRR,
            BRAVO!!!!!!
            If and when you have a fund raiser for this, post it! I, for one, will donate to it!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X