• smileykooky
    replied
    Thanks guys..it's nice to know that I am loved!!!! LOL HA HA HA HA

-Alisa
    "Baby Chick"

Leave a comment:

• mark440
    replied
    VP IB is our esteemed Vice President. You'll need to refer to the "Fairly New Pumper/Tanker Woo Whoo" it is too much to explain here... AVF&R452 is correct, if you are getting a hard time, you are liked. Don't worry....

Leave a comment:

• AVF&R452
    replied
    Littlemiss,

Take it easy, It's all in fun. The one thing you can always count on from firefighters is a good-natured hard time. That is unless they are really mad at you.. Then they will have nothing to do with you. I always figure that if i'm getting a hard time from somebody, things are probably OK.

We are all in this together...firefighters, EMS, and law enforcement. As a firefighter, I have been in a few situations that I was REAL happy to see the EMS folks show up and a few where I thought the cops would never get there.
    I am sure that if you talk to the EMT's in your area they can relay similar situations that they were in. But we will NOT miss an opportunity to give each other a hard time. That is just the way it works.

Good luck in your EMT course. Don't take the hard time seriously. It is all in fun. Soon you will be giving the hard times as well as getting.
    Keep it good-natured and have fun.

Don't volunteer to be backboarded... Some firefighter might decide to stand you up in the corner...upside down!

Stay Safe and Good Luck,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• smileykooky
    replied
    Sheesh....I said I was SORRY.....yeesh.....like I said, I have great respect for ya'll. I have a couple a friends that are firefighters, plus my stepdad was a firefighter, and like I said, I have nothing but mad respect for you all.

BTW.... what is VP IB?

Leave a comment:

• shammrock54
    replied
    hey, she'll learn! the FD can be of great help in pt care,extrication, and especially for all emt's not just women with that all ball busting 350 pounder on the third floor that u call and beg a lift assist for. so beware and be kind to ur local FFs or suffer!

Leave a comment:

• mark440
    replied
    Naw, not painful enough. Lets velcro her to VP IB! Then everytime she smells that horrible odor she'll remember....

S'all in fun

*Mark

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    replied
    Let's cut her arms and legs off!

Leave a comment:

• littlemissemt
    started a topic My apologies!!

My apologies!!

I just wanted to apologize if the quote in my siggy "I saved the pt...from the FD" offended anyone. I did not mean to offend anyone. I have a great respect for firefighters. On one of my ridealongs for my EMT class we ran a call and the local FD had several of their EMTs and Paramedics there as a First Responder unit and they were terrific.

Again, if I offended anyone, I am sincerely sorry, I have removed the quote from my siggy.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X