Gloves/Hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves/Hoods

Need your opinion on the following gloves: Shelby pigskin, Fire fighter elk skin and Tempo Max or Pro. Do you use them? Pros and cons?

Hoods: Your experience on Nomex and/or PBI. Do you find that the Pbi hoods loose their shape dramatically after being washed a few times?
    Which brand do you prefer, Tempo, LifeLiners, etc?

Ive been wondering about the Shelby pigskins myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lallo View Post
      Need your opinion on the following gloves: Shelby pigskin, Fire fighter elk skin and Tempo Max or Pro. Do you use them? Pros and cons?

Hoods: Your experience on Nomex and/or PBI. Do you find that the Pbi hoods loose their shape dramatically after being washed a few times?
      I have nothing to add about the Shelby pigskins - but for what it is worth we have Shelby Cowhides for structural work and they are very nice to work with on. I had a chance to use an older pair of gloves that I keep on me the other day and I can tell you the difference was significant.
      JLS
      MFC
      51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
      Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

Comment

Is this referring to the dark blue Shelby FDP gloves? I am looking to pick up a set to replace my HORRIBLE Glove Corp X3s.

Comment

Originally posted by Lallo View Post

The search feature is your best friend!!
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
            It looks like somebody did search and came up with a 7 year old question

No input on the gloves mentioned, but I have pairs of the Superglove and the protech's and like both very much. There are several threads on these gloves.

Comment

I've got the dark blue Shelby FDP's and have only worn them in one fire so far but nonetheless I still like them. They are much better than the 6-7 year old Fire Dex gloves I used to have.

I'm gonna have to take a good look at my hood tomorrow. I just was issued a new one and all I can tell ya about it is that it fits, it does its job, and its black. P.S.- Pretty comfortable too. Nice and soft.
              ------------------------------------
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                I've got the dark blue Shelby FDP's and have only worn them in one fire so far but nonetheless I still like them. They are much better than the 6-7 year old Fire Dex gloves I used to have.

I'm gonna have to take a good look at my hood tomorrow. I just was issued a new one and all I can tell ya about it is that it fits, it does its job, and its black. P.S.- Pretty comfortable too. Nice and soft.
                It is probably one of those CarbonX ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                  Old Timer, what am I doing wrong? I've tried time and time again to use the search, but it always just brings up seemingly random irrelevant threads.

Comment

I used to use the Shelby gloves until I found the Alpha glove by dragon fire. They are by far the best glove I have ever used.
                    http://www.firemansglove.com/the_pro...hter_glove.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Gnufsh View Post
                      It is probably one of those CarbonX ones.
                      You would be correct. I checked today.
                      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X