X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captstanm1
    replied
    It has to be light but it also hase to be flexible and it has to protect and it must be durabil (it has to hold up). I suggest you purchase from NFPA a copy of NFPA 1971, 2000 edition (www.nfpa.com) and read that and then make decisions on where you are going with this project. Re-designing is fine, but the safety of personnel is of utmost importance. You cant re-design gear that is not compliant unless you plan on closing your project by suggesting that you gear is subjected to the testing process for compliancy.

Leave a comment:

• ff21
    replied
    i am a volly with a combonation dept. but make turnouts at light as possible. and make the boots fit like real boots.

Leave a comment:

• DEADHEADMIKE
    replied
    Please design the lightest bunker pants possible. They seem like the real culprit when it gets hot outside.

Leave a comment:

• FTLAUD E-35
    started a topic Turnout/Bunker gear

Turnout/Bunker gear

Okay guys, I got a question for all you who are career firefighters . I'm doing a project for school where I'm going to redisign a firefighter's bunker gear. Now here's the question, if you could change your gear in any way, to increase safety, mobility, etc. What would that change be? Thanks in advance.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X