This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnout/Bunker gear

Okay guys, I got a question for all you who are career firefighters . I'm doing a project for school where I'm going to redisign a firefighter's bunker gear. Now here's the question, if you could change your gear in any way, to increase safety, mobility, etc. What would that change be? Thanks in advance.

Please design the lightest bunker pants possible. They seem like the real culprit when it gets hot outside.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

i am a volly with a combonation dept. but make turnouts at light as possible. and make the boots fit like real boots.
      2197 10-8<br />stay safe have fun stay healthy<br />
      nc firefighter/emt-d
      RFB-FTM

Comment

It has to be light but it also hase to be flexible and it has to protect and it must be durabil (it has to hold up). I suggest you purchase from NFPA a copy of NFPA 1971, 2000 edition (www.nfpa.com) and read that and then make decisions on where you are going with this project. Re-designing is fine, but the safety of personnel is of utmost importance. You cant re-design gear that is not compliant unless you plan on closing your project by suggesting that you gear is subjected to the testing process for compliancy.
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        ------------------------------
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X