Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextel Phones are conciderd to be 99.99% secure they can not be recorded through an in line recorder. Has for the bleed over problem they will cause other electronic equipment to churp or act funny when talking on them. Now the last question reguarding fire service freq, Nextel purchased and now owns large blocks of the 900mgz- 1300mgz so that they can expand the system. Agian I remind everyone that this is just an additional tool and should not be your sole communcation.
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

medpas-

I know Nextel had purchased frequencies in the 1gHz range because of it's rapidly expanding customer base. This is a good idea. But my issue is more with older frequencies. I'll even let go of the bleeding problem cause I'll admit, as Im sure you would, that no electronic device if full proof. And for the record, while about a dozen of our 50 departmental personnel have Nextel phones, we use radios, Motorolas actually, for communications.The Nextels are NOT considred an official means of communication.

The government is trying to figure out what to do with frequencies in the 700mHz range as well as areas in the 800 and 900 range where public safety and commercial butt up against one another. Again, my question: what is Nextel doing to work with APCO and the government to reach a workable solution for everyone involved.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: TruroFAO ]

My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

Comment

TruroFAO

I will try to find that information out and let you know
        IACOJ Membership 2002
        {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)