This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy,
    The "G" is for Gary, IN (murder capitol of the U.S......But getting better every day...also home to the Miss U.S.A. pagent!)

Engineman,
    Thanks for the kind words!
    I kinda miss the "Fort" sometimes, but wouldn't trade for where I'm at!
    And.... Capt. Nunly says "You're Fired"
    FTM-PTB
    trk4

Comment

Hello Fellow Hoosier;

The FDIC is the Fire Department Instructors Conference. It is an annual event that was held in Cincy for a long time. A few years ago it moved to Indy. There are now two conferences. The Indy Conference is April 8-13 and FDIC West on the left coast is April 28-May 2. This link should take you to the FDIC web site. http://fe.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm? It may say article not found. Look down on the left side for FDIC & FDIC West. It offers lots of instruction, fellowship, and massive displays of emergency equipment. Try to get there. It is well worth the cost and time.

Good luck with the interview.

I have a cousin who plays in the NHL if you need a ringer.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: DD ]

Comment

DD:
        Who is your cousin? I am a HUGE hockey fan. Blackhawks all the way!!!! They are having an unbelievable and much overdue year this season. I hope the make it all long way in the playoffs. Thanks for the info on the FDIC, I will look it up after I post this message. I want to thank you and everybody else who responded to my message. I go tomorrow for the interview. This would definitely be a dream come true to make the fire dept. Thanks. Troy

Comment

Troy.
          How did it go?

Comment

Everyone:
            I am pleased to say that the interview went very well. I gave the panel my responses to their questions and I feel that they were the right answers. All I can do now is wait for the next step. Psychological profile.......
            Thanks to all for the advice and tips. T

Comment

Hello Troy;

Congratulations on having a good interview.

My NHL cousin is from the Canadian branch of the family. He is Shane Doan, # 19, Right Wing, Phoenix Coyotes. I really don't follow hockey, but he must be pretty good. Last August he signed a 3 year contract for $7.2 million base pay. He could get up to $12.6 million if he makes all the bonus clauses.

FDIC is located too close to you to miss it. At least go to the exhibits if you can't make it to the training.

Dick Doan

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: DD ]

Comment

DD-
                Thanks for asking about the interview. Dude, your cousin is awesome!!!! Shane Doan is a really good hockey player. I am a huge fan and try to watch as many games and travel to chicago and detroit as much as I can. Sometimes my wife gets upset because I have a tendency to tune her out whenever a game is on, but she is getting better. If you don't mind me asking, do you talk to your cousin much? I would be interested in hearing any of his stories, do you have anything that is signed by him? I probably sound like a stalker, but I am really just a big fan of the game. I try to play myself but being on the shorter side I am not that great. Anyways, those canadies are skating before they can even walk. Thanks. Troy

Comment

Congrats. on the board man.Now here is where you need to practice becaues we all know that none of us are quite all there in the head.

good luck in the next step
                  wsfiremn
                  FTM PTB FSU RFB 9-11
                  wsfiremn
                  Member IACOJ
                  FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
                  Double Duece
                  PROUD MEMBER
                  FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

Comment

Troy;

It may take a while, but I'll ask Shane for a signed picture for you. Send your postal address to my e-mail at [email protected]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X