This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase Drivers

OK, It may be becouse I'm from a little Federal Department, But what the heck is a chase driver? I've seen them on "The Bravest" in Frisco and New York. Are they just extra personell that don't fit on the truck with extra equipment?

Thanks for any info.
    Dean Urquhart
    I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

You know I have seen the same thing. I assumed that they were personnel for the show so they could see the vehicles during the response. I don't know if they are used for any other purpose. I have seen them on each episode that I've watched.

Maybe I was wrong. Anyone know any different?
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

Comment

I`ve always figured they`re some kind of chief. Never heard or, or seen one before "The Bravest"

Comment

Chase cars carry extra cameramen around for the Bravest, driven by firefighters/officers on OT.

They don't serve any other purpose and don't exist otherwise.
        IACOJ Canine Officer
        20/50

Comment

I posted the same question. The chase driver is for displaced crew, extra cameramen, that sort of thing.
          BKE
          Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

Comment

A chase driver usually blaocks traffic at intersections and stuff. And i guess for the bravest purpose's they have a camra man with them.
            "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Comment

CHASE DRIVER IN NY IS A MEMBER OF THE COMPANY HIRED TO DRIVE THE CAMERAMAN.

THAT'S IT.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X