Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or the one's who say " That's a stupid idea. We don't need to do that." to anything that someone else comes up with.

Comment

How about the guy who thinks he has to voice everything he has to say across a county wide radio broadcast? You know what I mean the one that stops by the station when there is a call and grabs a portable and talks on it county wide just to exercise his LIPS.
      Live Life day to day and enjoy it you never know when your time will come due.

Comment

most deffinately the book smart street stupid guy. he has all kinds of certs that says he knows exactly how to do it and will tell you all about how it`s done, but don`t ever ask him to do it on the scene, hopefully he`s not even on your truck that day

Comment

The people found around the firehouse are, with a few exceptions, the greatest people in the world.

Guys that can't wait to get it on and guys that work harder at avoiding work than what the work would require.

We've got the run of the mill you guys are talking about and tree huggers, Wyle E. Coyotes (Super Genious idiots), STANs (toppers)...

The fire service, career and volly, is undoubtedly the most diverse work force in the nation: Drs, lawyers, elected officials, self maded millionaires, laborers, fry cooks, mechanics, techies, educators, paper boys, janitors, Christians, Muslims, Jews, JW, LDS, cops, waiters and waitresses, mail men and femail men, engineers, playwrites, you name it, they're here somewhere.

The people around the firehouse come from, go back to and stay in all walks of life and for career guys, one out of every three days and vollys maybe three hours once a week plus calls, we all put our backgrounds and differences aside and come together for one purpose. And from the rich to poor, GQ to slob, each member is willing to lay down their life for their brothers and sisters and fellow man regardless of the differences betweem them.

They my be shining starts, shiftless losers oir anywhere in between, but around the firehouse you'll find the cream of each crop.

People around the firehouse are my family, even the analyzer.
          It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

Personaly I like the mood swingers. ****ed one minute and happy as a clam the next. Its funny. Also the guys that sit in the office all day long reading the paper and never saying a word. The only time you hear them speak is on scene. I also like the members who have been with a department for some time but never show up, and then get ticked when a new guy is on the truck.
            Feet Don't Fail Me Now!

Comment

This one is a rarity, but have seen a few of them in my day. We'll call them the PARAKEET.
              It's a guy/gal you explain something to on one side of the rig and he/she runs around to the other side and tries to explain it to someone else to prove how smart they are.

"Polly knows what this lever's for...Polly knows what this lever's for"
              FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

What do you guys call the one with the funny BROWN RING on their nose?

"Ahhh.... Let ME get that for ya Cap.... Cause ya know...... noboby else will!!!"

OR, another:

"I'm glad I thought of that! Oh, you were close.. but it takes someone like...ME to get it right"
                FTM-PTB
                trk4

Comment

The "I have done it all and seen it all and am the most qualified" even though they only have a totatl of 20% for calls and drills.

The "I don't like this that or that and for that matter I don't like you or him or her and the way you look smile act talk or the way the truck looks or runs or that you have yellow gear and I don't" even though most of the problems at the firehouse are started caused and created by this very same person.

OR how about the "Did you hear what this one did, said, wants, or needs" even though this very same person is the one that is always crying to the Chief.

My favorite are the lazy SOBs that don't pull their weight, screw up everything they touch, and complain constantly that no one gives them credit for anything...when in reality we do give them credit..credit for being the Department A-hole of the month! "I am not completely useless I can be used as a bad example" - this is what their gear should read!

The guy that has to embellish every story he tells, or lie to make it sound good, but when you call him on it, you become public enemy number one and they try to get you in trouble.

And last but certainly not least...the people that never speak up when they should but will be the first to stab you in the back when you walk away. I love these guys! They hate me! I have no problem confronting these jackasses and telling them to keep their pie holes shut until they grow a set of balls big enough to say it to my face. These guys are the ultimate trouble makers at the firehouse.
                  Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

There are also the double standard setters, you know 'em, you cant do that because, then they do exactly what they told you you couldn't do. Or, they sit there and complain about something and then do exactly what they just got done complaining about.
                    Shawn M. Cecula
                    Firefighter
                    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Lewis - thanks...forgot about them too. Personally I speak my mind at the firehouse, regardless or whether or not I offend someone - I am sensitive to feelings but I still make my opinion known - and other than that I do my job and keep my nose clean. We have a whiner, trouble maker, and attention wanter right now all going full force at the firehouse and I want to smack each of them right upside the head. None of them look good, or are appreciated by the rest of us that pull our weight. I am not perfect..hell I make mistakes, **** people off, etc. but I am adult enough to admit it and take responsibility then move on. Some of these guys don't won't and never will. UGH! The joys of volunteering! haha
                      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Schmidt ]

Comment

Have we covered all the different types?

Self Test:

Which category do you fit into?

Comment

Yea, ya got yer do as I say not as I doers. Then ya got yer keeners that are so full of theory that they aint no practical good. Then ya got yer apoligizers that give ya the most sincere apoligy and then tell ya ta shove it up yer ear if ya don't want to accept their side of the story, ya gotta love them to death. the ones that drive me nits are the ones that say "yup I'll be there ta help out" and never show up but when it comes time to step up and take false accalades there first in line or when there is a party, they are early and bitch because the beer ain't cold yet.

Comment

-me which is all business on scene(at training i'm about 75% serious) but when talking with guys and here online i'm a complete GOOF .
                              -we got a good amount that's fairly easy to get along with.(i get along with them) as long as you don't tick them off your fine.(these are the guys i trust the most going into a fire)
                              -We got 2-3(won't menction names) compete deadweights on the Fire Depts. Who always want the glory of firefighter but never wants to work for it. I've seen normal citizens in the town do more work at fish frys and special events we have then a these firefighters.
                              -we got 1 That's a compete hot head(he's also under the deadweight category too) I got ripped when sweeping out the truck bays after a fish fry for raising the the big doors to early(probably got a 5-10 min ripping about how i'm wasting heat)
                              (whatever) Plus he hates young firefighters. Plus he never goes on fire calls
                              - we got 1 that kinda of in the hot head category he'll be ticked but he'll say it under his breath so you can't her you.(but whatever it is it can't be good)
                              I don't care what dept you go to your gonna have a few deadweights,a few hot heads, basically someone holding up the F.D. by attitude or actions.

Comment

Schmidt

And we all know there is absolutely nowhere we would rather be!

Can I get some Yeehaa's out there?

No place I'd rather BE!

jdm2267

Which category do you fit into?

I would bet that we would all fit into a little of each category sometime.

Except me, I'm the meek soft spoken type. Don't like to stir thinks up you know...
                                It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X