X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The type of people around firehouses

Ok, Mongo's rant got me thinking...

For fun, let's list off the different types of people you can always find around a firehouse:

(not numbered in any particular order)
    1) The guy looking for hidden meanings (from Mongo's post)

2) The guy who knows EVERYTHING (even better than the instructors at the academy)

3) The guy who sticks his nose into everything
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Hey you forgot one,

The Rescue Randy with the Batman EMS Utility Belt, the emergency lights on his personal vehicle, and three radios and a pager (just in case he doesn't hear one of the others)

Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

1) The guy that takes offense to everything and always says, "I'll just quit then!" and then never does.

2) The guy that doesn't let anything get to him. (Need more of this guy).

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Jedimike007 ]

Comment

The firehouse is a lot like a lighting store....you have your spotlights, that shine in one area, your chandeliers and floodlights, that shine over a wide area, rough service bulbs that perform all the heavy duty grunt work and can take the abuse, and then you have your share of 4 watt nightlight bulbs, which shine as little as possible and like to stay hidden in the dark recesses of the firehouse!
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Good one Captain Gonzo!
          ftm-ptb-rbp
          leather forever

Comment

You can't forget the :

1. "book smart street stupid" guy/gal- You know the guy/gal who is smart as a tack, but couldn't apply it to save his/her life

or

2. "dumb ox"- the guy/gal who has a heart of gold and will try to do anything you ask, but has difficulty sometimes.
            K.A. Dempsey
            [email protected]
            "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

Comment

Hey Gonzo, you forgot the christmas light bulbs that only come out once in a while.
              NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
              IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

In my department we have a couple of members that I call the "cooks". They are called that because they love to stir the pot and sit back and watch. These are the first people to complain however if they are the targets of rumors or being busted on. There is another type of member called the want a be. These are members that are trying to live up to their fathers reputation ( ie. a heavy drinker, superfireman, or know it all).
                "Fire Prevention is our Intention"

Comment

What about the three-way bulbs (versatile), the black light (strange), and the burned-out bulbs (should retire)? And what about those little pen lights?

Comment

Don't forget my personal favorite:

The ones that keep the couch from floating away. Lazy SOB's.

"Oh well, we are going to train? but I need to go pick up the pizza I am about to order"

then there is also the salty dog:

"Back in my day...."

yea you know the story it happened before the greenhouse effect so it snowed every day and somehow the mountains moved a back then to so they were always walking uphill.

Then there are the A holes like me:

"Well chief if we change the test to quiz them on the soap operas then everyone would pass."

Comment

Duplicate Post

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: ggtruckie ]

Comment

you guys forgot one of the most important people:

the prankster
                        If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Lieutenant

Comment

doublepost - oopsy!

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: toneloc177 ]

May God bless all the people and families who have lost
                          their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
                          [email protected]

Comment

don't forget the "knife-n-forkers" (a.k.a. "free-loaders")

- these people will always show up for a free party, meal, trip, dinner, etc.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: toneloc177 ]

May God bless all the people and families who have lost
                            their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
                            [email protected]

Comment

1) the couch cook - who stirs the pot from their well worn couch

2) Look at me's - they have done so much in their own eyes.

3) The snake - lies and starts rumors while smiling to your face

BUT they are not all bad

4) The work horse - The one that keeps going till the job is done never asking but deserving of praise.

5) The Energizer - They keep working and working just because it needs to be done.

Need more of the later and less of the first.
                              FDNY never will we forget

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X