X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACKSHEEP-1
    replied
    You know mongo, some of these guys in your post really need to lighten-up alittle bit.

Leave a comment:

• mongofire_99
    replied
    The meaning of fog nozzles is a two parter:

#1 - Call them combos (to just call them fogs instantly leads to negative thoughts sorta like the evil rich or the extremist right wing.)

and #B

The meaning of combo nozzles is a good straight stream.

Leave a comment:

• BLACKSHEEP-1
    replied
    Hey Mongo, forget the meaning of life, you haven't convinced me on the meaning of fog nozzles!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chief Reason
    replied
    Mongo:
    Though Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is probably the definitive work on the subject, I am reminded of the story of a certain caddy, Carl, who was caddying for the Dali Lama. The Lama was wearing a long, flowing robe-striking and was regarded as a heavy hitter. At the end of the round, Carl thought that the Dali Lama was going to stiff him and the Lama told him two words: Goongala, Goongala which means that on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness, so it's nice to have that going for you!
    Some people can be too cerebral for their own good. Most times, things happen for a reason and other times, there is no reason. You can't make sense of it sometimes. You'll pop a vein in your brain if you try to figure it all out. You can only do the best that you can and go to the next one. I like to look on the lighter side of Life. If I didn't, then I would believe that everything in the movie Backdraft is real!!
    Mongo, my man, give your boy the benefit of your wisdom and if you ever need to just rap or something....
    Take care.

Leave a comment:

• mongofire_99
    replied
    FF139Engine12

Ever just smacked the s#@^ out of the back of his head?

Nah, but Bubba has.

firecat1524

hmmmm. Very interesting POV regarding DT.

FDE31

and I'll move on to "ABACAB" to see if there might be anything sinister in those chord progressions.

Heck I'm just tryin' to figure out out you wake covered with celophane...

Maybe if ya play it backwards??? Wonder what your buddy's take on that would be?

He wants to know how to get a CD to play backwards.

I tend to be analytical to a point but keep most of my nuttier musings to myself.

As we should.

Silver City 4

I recommend The Wall and The Dark Side of the Moon.

Better yet, I'll rent the Wall movie and let him watch that.

Of course John Edward can see dead people, how else could he know all that cool stuff,

Live people tell him.

And what about that time-travel movie The Final Countdown

One of my favorites!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B
    replied
    Of course John Edward can see dead people, how else could he know all that cool stuff, hmmmmmm???

And what about that time-travel movie The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen on the aircraft carrier Nimitz? So, like, there must have two of the same pople living at the same time for that to have worked right? When the boat got back to to the present and they met the old guy that they left as young in the past, that must have meant that he was there as an old AND young version of the same guy living at the same time before the boat ever left the dock the first time right? Right? Uhh, no wait...I mean, no , wait..errr, ahhh - aaaaah shoot, NEVERMIND.

Leave a comment:

• bbeall
    replied
    Get him a couple of Pink Floyd CDs and some headphones. I recommend The Wall and The Dark Side of the Moon. Should keep him busy for quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• FDE31
    replied
    Welp, I found the meaning of life but can't seem to figure out what I did with it. I'd gotten to thinking that maybe it was just plain ol' senility setting in, or the fact I need new specs, but now I'm feeling paranoid wondering if hostile extraterrestrials may have beamed it up while I was sleeping. I've got "Home By the Sea" playing as we speak, just in case there's a clue in there, and I'll move on to "ABACAB" to see if there might be anything sinister in those chord progressions. Maybe if ya play it backwards??? Wonder what your buddy's take on that would be?

Okay, now, back to reality. Sounds like this dude can't accept that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Hope he lightens up. A person can go bonkers ruminating on every little detail like that. I know a few people like him and their endless efforts to be analytical get old really fast. I tend to be analytical to a point but keep most of my nuttier musings to myself.

Later gators', gotta go listen to "Beware of Darkness" now.

Leave a comment:

• firecat1524
    replied
    Mongo,

Some people hit on a way for you to deal with this dude and didn't know it. Use the duct tape. Ask him how duct tape is like the force in Star Wars and see how long it takes him to figure it out.

A. Duct Tape is like the force because:
    1. It has a Light side
    2. It has a Dark Side
    3. it binds the universe together

Leave a comment:

• LondonFox
    replied
    Mongo

Ever just smacked the s#@^ out of the back of his head? At my last department we had an explorer like that. Told him to assue the learning position, and SMACK! Seems harsh, but it was all in good fun, no hurt. Though a slap on the nog can't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• mongofire_99
    replied
    Captain Gonzo

(I think it's an ISO or NFPA requirement!).

NFPA DOH! 1 maybe?

It does make life at the firehouse interesting, especially when you can let them ramble on for a bit about things they have no clue about, then blow their theory out of the water in one short sentence!

Like shooting fish in a barrel

snowball

He might be able to understand better if pictures are involved.

He like to look for hidden auras in the pictures, scan them and send them to Art Bell!

huff317

Knowing your luck, though, you'd wind up the same type of individual for a stewardess, or reservation clerk, or bellhop--whatever.

LOL, just my luck.

Torched Medic

Sounds like too many shroom and weed cocktails. Was this person a latch-key-kid?

Don't know if he was a latch-key, but he is a pretty good kid. Just trys to read too much into things.

We're working a cardiac one day, HATH, the anaylizer is driving, I'm extra in the back just in case.

One the way back, the analyzer says, "You know, when that guy crashed, I saw a hawk on the telephone pole. You think that was his spirit?"

"Uh, no. I think it was a hawk sitting on a pole. But then again I didn't see it so it could have been an owl."

"Gawd, you're so negative."

"No. I'm positive it wasn't his spirit."

Grit

does he look like an aged Jim Morrison?

Nah, looks like an ordinary everyday pimply faced 25yo.

He hasn't been out in a while.......

Yeah, I haven't seen Jim since the Zepplin concert.

LtStick

Find someone new for him to bother

One of my favorite things! "Hey, go tell Bubba your theory on that." Or when a telemarketer calls the station I tell them "hang on, I'll let you talk to the guy that lives here" and give him the phone.

Rescue 101

I found the meaning of life

Me too! But I ain't so good at it.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Yep

Try that on your physic!

I did, he trys to psychoanalize that too.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue 101
    replied
    Mongo,Buddy,I'VE FOUND IT.Mr fryer has just spit out Mr turkey.While he was cooling I found the meaning of life and it comes in a 3/4 lb can to wash Mr.turkey down with.Everything else is irrelevant.Try that on your physic! Hehe T.C.

Leave a comment:

• LtStick
    replied
    mongofire_99 I figured out a way to take care of your little pest. Find someone new for him to bother or get the extra strong duck tape and wrap it many many many times. Use the hole roll if you have to or you can stuff him in a closet or some other out of the way place and put a do not disturb sign on the door. Also be sure to secure the door so he doesn't accidently get out. You can't have him getting out and bothering any one else.
    If you spend your entire life looking for a hidden meaning to every little thing life will pass you buy.

Leave a comment:

• Grit
    replied
    Mongo, does he look like an aged Jim Morrison? He hasn't been out in a while.......

Leave a comment:

• Zane Owens
    replied
    Sounds like too many shroom and weed cocktails. Was this person a latch-key-kid?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X