Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first call (first fire call for the county) came in at 2:20am on New Year's morning...luckily a few of us slept at the firehouse that night..just in case. It was only a fire alarm, and luckily nothing came of it...but boy was it cold out there!!! WHEW! Hope everyone has a very safe, loving, and peaceful year. Take care.
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

First call of 2002 was a working structure fire at a residence. Occurred on Saturday. Saved most of the house, but some puppies and a cat didn't make it.....

Comment

Our second call of the New Year, 12:30 1/4/02, confirmed fully involved trailer fire. Delayed 911 activation. 1 fatality. Roof collapsed before we got there. Investigation ongoing. Unknown if considered of suspicious origin.
        Or first fire fatality in as long as I can remember. This year isn't looking good.
        Shawn M. Cecula
        Firefighter
        IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

First call of 2002 was for a propane leak at a residence. Turn of the gas and vent the structure.

Comment

Our first of 2002 was a rekindle from a structure fire we had earlier Monday evening. Wound up being the first call in the county, so naturally we got some good natured ribbing from mutual aid companies that we planned it!!! LOL Seriously, I've been in 10 years and only remember us going to 2 or 3 rekindles, so that's why none of our neighbors believe us! Great timing from the party that called fire control, cause we were dispatched at 0005. (Rumor has it that the caller saw it was small, as well as abandoned with no exposures, and waited till after midnight. How sweet (moron))

Second call was much better, a mutual aid response for and engine and truck, also a structure. They called for the engine, but we sent the truck anyhow as they were just getting released from the rekindle and were only 2 or so miles away. I think that was 4 trailers burning (never made it to that one, driving second due engine to the rekindle)

If this is a sign of year ahead, I guess we're off and running again!!!

Comment

my twin baby girls were born on dec 31st, so i've been off so far in 2002

Comment

Our first of the year was a two story structure fire...no one was home at the time...3 companies assisted, roughly only 15 men on scene...
                called out around 09:50, returned to station around 16:25...was a total loss...valued over 100k

Comment

congrats spoOk or however u spelled it

Comment

Our first call came in at 45 seconds after midnight for a small brush fire. What a way to start a new years day.
                    Leon Bass
                    SWVFD Station 16
                    Visit our site at
                    http://www.swvfd.org

------------------------
                    Disclaimer:
                    These are my opinions and do not reflect the views of my department.

Comment

We got our first run of 2002 on Jan. 3 and it was a water problem, which is exactly how we ended 2001.

We started slow last year but ended up doing more runs than in our history..

Comment

Slot1Fire,

Where in WNY are you?
                        Shawn M. Cecula
                        Firefighter
                        IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

1st for 2002 was an mva which accounts for 30-40% of our calls ... 3 vehicles involved 1 injury.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X