Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New years day 1043hrs. Auto Accident if you can call it that. Single vehicle ran off road into a pasture. Driver and car didn't get a scratch but driver was having DT's and talking about death. "Hello Mental Hold".

Comment

01/01/02 @ 1500 hrs

Water Flow Alarm in a cold storage warehouse used to store McDonalds food. Frozen pipe burst (you would think they would have used a dry system).

I hope the price of burgers doesn't go up from the water logged food
      Just my 2 cents....3 before taxes

Fir Na Tine

Comment

Our first call was an automatic fire alarm, we just hit that today..
        "Go in as a team, Come out as a team"

Comment

Well,I'm Not A Firefighter Yet..... But So Far,In Las Vegas,Nevada I Can Tell If A Fire Engine Or A Rescues Coming A Mile Away,I Don't Know The Calls,But So Far This Year Going Up And Down The Street Has Been 4 Rescues And One Engine.Just To Thill Everyone Reading This,Those Are Day Time Calls,I Don't Really Hear Night Time Calls Too Much,Wait Their Goes Another Rescue,Make That 5 Rescues,One Engine

Tom
          Shane
          Do not fear to step into the unknown...for where there is risk, there is also reward.

Comment

Sounds like a number of Companies have been busy. I've had years start like this before and it just makes you wonder what your in for in down the road. Well I hope everyone is haveing a safe New Year.

Comment

First Call...

Ambulance hit by simi... Paramedic down... AirLife on stand-by... DOA...

Our first call of 2002 we lost a paramedic, he was crushed by a simi while putting out flares at a non-injery MVA.

MVA

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: theffsaint ]

Jesse

Comment

Very sorry to hear that theffsaint. Not a good way to start out the year.

Comment

Last call of 2001 was a single car MVA w/ entrapment. 2 pts. both drunk, LOC, and a pretty decent head injury on both. First call of 2002, a single car MVA w/ entrapment. Minor injuries only though. A couple years ago however we had the last fatality of the year on the 31st of Dec, and the first fatality of the new year on Jan 1st. Our Fire district had the most fatalities in the county that year and our county had the most in the state.
                  When the defecation hits the oscillation I'll be there.

Comment

Wow xenophenon, no offense, but me thinks you should spend a little less time polishing the trucks and a little more time on some public education??
                    IACOJ

Comment

A dumpster fire. Rather have that then some of the stuff everyone else has had!

Comment

yeah I hear ya Silver city 4 and Poc1813,
                        still waitin, but it's comin be paitient.

Comment

1 st call was at 0135 a drunk hit 2 parked cars said they were out haveing a good time . that good time stopped after 3 totaled vehicles

Comment

Our first call was an E-Run at 0126. A guy at a party broke a light bulb off in the socket and tried to get it out without turning the power off. He just got a little charged up. And I don't think the bottle of Jack Daniels did any help either.
                            Jeff Matthews
                            Freeport Fire & Rescue
                            Station 900
                            Firefighter / EMT-I
                            AHA BLS Instructor
                            FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Comment

WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT OUR FIRST FIRE CALL FOR THE THE YEAR WAS A FREAKIN TREE FIRE? NO LIE, A 25 FOOT REMNANT OF A 2FT THICK PINE TREE MYSTERIOUSLY IGNITED AND WAS GLOWING ALL BY ITS LONESOME IN AN EMPTY WOODED LOT NEXT TO SOME NEWER HOMES. HMMMM, TALK ABOUT SETTING TONES FOR THINGS TO COME THIS YEAR......
                              Oklahoma Bound!

Comment

MY STATION'S FIRST CALL OF THE NEW YEAR, WAS THE COUNTYS FIRST CALL OF THE NEW YEAR, AND GUESS WHAT IT WAS, BRUSH FIRE LIT BY THE FIREWORKS!
                                "2 IN, 2 OUT, ALWAYS!!!"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X