Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far we've had [email protected] 0150 something Newyears Morning we had a Guide Wire fall on a resident's front lawn...Stand-By for Electric Company. And just a few minutes ago we got hit to assist EMS for a lift assist. ~ Didn't make either..the early morning call I was up with my crying baby and the later one...Well I'm at work What can you do ?
    ***The Opinions expressed here are strictly my own and do not reflect those of the Department to which I am a Member ! ***

Stratford Fire Co. # 1.."Any Job ~ Any Place ~ Any Time"

Check us Out www.stratfordfire.com

Comment

Our first call was a CODE but it was an easy code a few rescue breaths and a precardio thump and the pt was back with us. So it looks like an interesting year ahead
      Stay Safe and remember to put the wet stuff on the red stuff

Comment

First call was at 1201 pm for a heart attack. We responded to this residence last friday.
        Todd
        Paid On Call FF

Comment

First call of 2002 was @ 0628 hrs. a female in her late eighties complaining of SOB.
          Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
          New England FOOL
          "LEATHER FOREVER"
          As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Comment

My FD's first call was @1510hrs for a fire reported out. Hope this doesn't set the tone for the rest of the year!!!

Comment

Well we made ours at 0030, a weatherhead had gotten knocked off a house and brought the wires down, knocked out the power to the house. Right across the street from a power substation.

Comment

Still waiting...
                Patrick
                18-03
                Orleans Fire
                www.orleansfire.com

Comment

Engine went to a 3 alarm fire at a Tire service buisness. Laid 1,500 feet of a mile lay from a hydrant and turned around and went back to the Hydrant and pumped from it.
                  Rural area not many hydrants to use and they aren't the greatest either but, we managed to keep a Tower fed. There were 5 pumpers used in the lay with the last one feeding the Tower.
                  Years that start like this make you wonder whats next.

Comment

Unfortunately, our first call of the year was a working apartment fire at about 9:30 Tuesday morning. Nobody was home in the building (a two-unit converted house) and the basement was fully involved, with extension to he first floor, by the time it was called in by a passer-by.

I don't have many details, since I was in D.C. visiting friends for New Year's and missed the call entirely. Ironically, the passer-by who called it in was my sister, who was on her way home from my house after feeding my cat in my absence. How about that for wierd coincidences??

Comment

First Call of new Year - Brush Fire
                      Second Call - Brush Fire
                      Third Call - Brush Fire

I am REALLY hoping this is not a pattern for 2002.

on a side note - last call for 2001 was MA to an Apartment Complex Fire - confined to room & contents of 1 Apt. Excellent work by first in units.

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                      Stephen
                      FF/Paramedic
                      Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                      Stephen
                      FF/Paramedic
                      Instructor

Comment

First call of 2002 came at 0400 for mutual aid for a house fire. Fourth co. on scene. House completely destroyed. Saw owner on the sidewalk just crying, really sad, what a terrible way to start the new year.
                        Be safe...

Comment

Still waiting, but, part of me hopes it stays this quiet.

Just got our first of the year Last night (1/2/01), EMS Call, 62 yom c.o. chest pain, got there and it was a 62 yom having a stroke, family gave 3 NG. The guy was talking up a storm.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Lewiston2Capt ]

Shawn M. Cecula
                          Firefighter
                          IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

We had New Years Eve/New Years Day morning in my crew's shift, and it was a quiet night, as far as "first call of 2002."
                            Our "Last Call of 2001" was entertaining, if nothing else. A teaser, I guess. Report of house fire, umpteen pieces punched out. Go rolling up, and it's reported as out, but owner still requests the FD to check it out.
                            Evidently, with some of that good ol' liquid encouragement, the owner had decided to do some latenight charcoal grilling, and managed to set his deck on fire. It evidently had started extending into the home before some quick gardenhose action on his part knocked it down. (And as cold as it was, he's lucky, as I'd have already put my hose away in the shed. He hadn't, nor had it frozen up on him. Lucky!!!!)
                            One piece checked it out, took the report, the rest of us rolled back to the station.
                            The rest of the night was quiet - not even a drunk call!
                            Ya'll have a good & safe New Year!!
                            HazMat
                            ---
                            We gotta be nuts...we're running in when the rats & roaches are running out!

Let No Victim's Ghost Say That We Didn't Try
                            ---
                            Disclaimer:
                            These are my opinions, and only mine, and do not reflect the views of my department.

Comment

We had New Years Eve/New Years Day morning in my crew's shift, and it was a quiet night, as far as "first call of 2002."
                              Our "Last Call of 2001" was entertaining, if nothing else. A teaser, I guess. Report of house fire, umpteen pieces punched out. Go rolling up, and it's reported as out, but owner still requests the FD to check it out.
                              Evidently, with some of that good ol' liquid encouragement, the owner had decided to do some latenight charcoal grilling, and managed to set his deck on fire. It evidently had started extending into the home before some quick gardenhose action on his part knocked it down. (And as cold as it was, he's lucky, as I'd have already put my hose away in the shed. He hadn't, nor had it frozen up on him. Lucky!!!!)
                              One piece checked it out, took the report, the rest of us rolled back to the station.
                              The rest of the night was quiet - not even a drunk call!
                              Ya'll have a good & safe New Year!!
                              HazMat
                              ---
                              We gotta be nuts...we're running in when the rats & roaches are running out!

Let No Victim's Ghost Say That We Didn't Try
                              ---
                              Disclaimer:
                              These are my opinions, and only mine, and do not reflect the views of my department.

Comment

Our first call In Des Plaines, IL was at 0010. A full arrest of 80 year old male. Ambulance and Engine response

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X