This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 goals

2002 is here now. What are some goals that you want in your life as a firefighter and some goals for your dept? I would like to get in better shape. See my department keep on improving and as it is a volunteer dept, keep recruiting younger members.
    Larry

train harder, and serve the community better

Comment

No memorials in 2003

Comment

Amen, Artie...Amen!
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

1. Savor lifes flavor a little more.

2. Be more open minded.

3. A dash more smart-allec.

Happy New Year

Comment

I wanna get in better shape so i can be a better fireman.

i want my company to train harder, and differant, we kind of just show people what to do when they are told to do it, i wanna show them why, when and where so they dont need to be told. so they can come off the rig and do thier job. ( a good fireman knows how, but a great fireman knows why)

I should start by saying i am sorry to all the rescue squad members down the street for making fun of them all the time, but i think that will be the resolution i dont keep.

i should go to church more and the bar less.

and i should try not to be such an "A" hole all the time.

Comment

Finish up my instructor I certification and be a better officer for my department.

Comment

Amen Loo,

1. I would like to echo what Artie and Gonzo said.

2. Get in better shape. Work out more.

I will stick with 2, any more and I wont be able to do any of them.
                Shawn M. Cecula
                Firefighter
                IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

My FD resolutions for 2002...

To keep improving my fitness level.

To keep on learning.

To keep the personnel under my command safe.

To try and ignore any posts and rants from 7Tower, BlackB, Lovelock, LHS or whatever what's his name is posting under! (this may be the hardest one to keep! )
                  ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                  Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

For me....

A better level of fitness because as Garth Brooks sang, "I'm much to young to feel this damn old..."

For my department....

As an Instructor and Training Officer I want to see training taken to the level it needs to be at. It's close now, but needs a little push that I plan on finding!

Stay Safe!

Comment

My goals for the 2002 are:
                      1. Find a full time position with a department
                      2. Get in better shape
                      3. Continue training/education
                      4. Try to bring higher morale to dept.
                      K.A. Dempsey
                      [email protected]
                      "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

Comment

To FINALLY make it to Fire School at Texas A&M!

Keep improving pumper skills, (makes life easier on the guys at the other end of the hose).

Completed officer certification training.

That's all, nothing else really NEEDS to happen....
                        Oklahoma Bound!

Comment

my personal goal is to lose a little weight, and therefore be in better shape.

department wise i want to have a lot more traing, and keep going forward taking on more task little by little like we have

HAPPY NEW YEAR
                          9/11/01 forever in our hearts

Comment

My Lt had a meeting with us a couple of shifts ago. Besides some other issues he noted that we needed to start working out on a regular basis (last year I've been pretty much the only one doing any PT). He called it his new years resolution. That very same evening I was getting ready to lift some weights and as he walked by I asked him if he'd like to join me. "...eeeeh...not tonight..." was his response and I couldn't help but burst out laughing about how short lived his resolution was . Fortunately he had a good sense of humor, laughed too and walked his way.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X