This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.......osted 12-31-2001 05:27 PM
    ....Are you really suggesting that the reason the "Total Quint Concept" isn't working is because of the paid union fellas?

I think so, to quote you today, ". So, you wanna know what it's like trying to teach a veteran firefighter whose been assigned to a truck company for 300 years( well maybe but not 300, gotta be dramatic) how to pump again, about hydraulics, etc...Same goes for the 58 year old with 1 year left before he retires whose been on an Engine since JC was a private(keep in mind that I have NO problems with veteran Firefighters- they are a necessary as teats on a large bovine creature.Sometimes the old timers for all their experience get a little set in their ways)..."

....I think you'd have at least 325 guys and gals willing to show you,up close and persinal, how wrong you are.

That sure doesn't jive with what you said earlier or the Fire Engineering article written by one of yor captains.

It seems that either you and the captain are right and the rest of the 320ish are wrong or the other way around. I simply posted what you all said. It realy speaks for itself. Either your people can't figure out how to operate their rigs or won't. Or the whole article was a lie.

The gentleman from NY doesn't like quints, but doesn't like having 6 guys to work with instead of 8 more. But the 8 are not coming back now are they?

SO someone made a decision to try to work with the people the do have. It would be just as screwed up with 3 or each rig.

Comment

7tower

Would you please give me your correct e-mail so I can contact you, thanks

pres41
      Pres41 (Pete)
      [email protected]

Comment

The profile email is accurate, try again

Comment

Try [email protected]

That oughta work.

Comment

7th Tower, why don't you amswer my question. Yu are always telling people how great this is or that so once again, educate us. Tell us how great your truck is and why!

Comment

Actually I more than answered your question b providing 500 photos and several thousand words. Simply click on the link I left you above and read for yourself

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: the7tower ]

Comment

Gee 7tower it really is easy to sit on the other side of the fence and toss verbal stones and to criticise other depts. for what they feel is a right decision. Unless you have walked a mile in some one elses shoes I feel you have no right to criticise them. What ever happened to constuctive criticism, what happened to offering advice without the sacasm. I guess for you 7tower or what ever you call yourself this week, the cynicism never ends. It must be sorry sad world you live in my friend, because life is much too short to be lived in such a manner. Some of the knowledge you possess is very good and worthy to be shared, but you know what 7Tower, people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. Do the world a service and put on a happy face and find some good in everything you do Have a Happy New Year my friend

Comment

Thanks, After viewing this information i have I hard time believing the truck is over the axle capacity.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by the7tower:
                    The profile email is accurate, try again

I think you need to contact AOL.

I had a question for you regarding another thread here and when I tried to e-mail you this is what I got back.

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
                    delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
                    labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
                    labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could
                    not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a
                    general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
                    administrator.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

----- Transcript of session follows -----
                    ... while talking to air-xb03.mail.aol.com.:
                    >>> RCPT To:
                    <<< 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND
                    550 ... User unknown

Reporting-MTA: dns; rly-xb03.mx.aol.com
                    Arrival-Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:10:38 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [email protected]
                    Action: failed
                    Remote-MTA: DNS; air-xb03.mail.aol.com
                    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 250 OK
                    Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:10:45 -0500 (EST)

Not trying to be a [email protected]$$ and I'm not trying to stir the S%^t here - just thought you may have a Legit Problem w/ your AOL account.

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                    Stephen
                    FF/Paramedic
                    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                    Stephen
                    FF/Paramedic
                    Instructor

Comment

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Schmidt ]

Comment

....Pulling quotes of mine from other forums and out of context. for continuing to bash not only me,Richmond Fire AND it's members

It is bashing when I simply repeat what the ywo of you from richmond publish about your own FD and I give sources for your words> Yeah right!

...Your rants- while based on facts

So it is bashing to state facts. You started them and your buddy.

....are nothing but your interpretation of of 2 dimensions

Yeah yeah yeah, "we onl have accidents on the way back from calls." "old guys don't know how to vent or pump" "takes two rigs to do a car" "It is lonely in the station" "quints cut the staffing" erc. No interopretation needed is there?

...how in God's green earth would you have ANY idea of whats going on here in Richmond Fire

Seen it first hand, talked with your members and chiefs, read...

...I am here.I have ridden on these Quints, responded on them, fought fire with them, watched them break- 2 or 3 at the same time.

So where was that in the story?

...Who gives a hairy mooses butt if you're a ISO 1
                        rated department?

coming from a FD that in 10 years fell from a Class 2 to a lass 4, I doubt you want to brag do you? You don't need a paid department for a Class 4.

....Can you fight fire?

Gee, from all I've read writtn by your members you all certainly can't. Independent analysis indicates that a Class 1 beats a 4 right?

...are you one of those creative agencies that manages a fire form outside with IMS?

You mean like every photo on your fire department web page shows you guys doing?

....So how many apparatus do you have total?How many stations?How many firefighters?

Enough and we don't whine publicy.

I'm very proud about you, you can't defend your own fire department so you think you'll attack mine. Good luck, we don't have three quints break down at a call like you brag about. We don't say they cut staffing when in fact you have 35% moere fighters on an alarm that you did before quints. See the fact are out there for all to read and you guys continue to cry and whine. Yes, it is you and your firefighters not the fire trucks or concept. Crap in crap out.

...These are questions that I do not care to have answers to. It would be dishonorable and disrespectful to ask.

So why did you ask them?

...I will do so in a way respectful to you as a fellow Firefighter.

You mean like telling the truth? Not covering up the facts? It is the guys huh, not the rigs?

''''"Most of us here really dreaded the day when we switched to all Quints.

Figures never gave them a chance.

.....They are a hassle-we make 'em work.

Yeah mustbe horrible pulling a hose off a ladder pumper like thousand of other FD's do daily and don't cry about it.

...They would have worked better sooner if they would have been spec'd out with their primary mission in mind( that's firefighting, not parades).

Well obviously you have a real strong union to let this stuff happen to you, and let the chief still be there, and have your staffing cut 50% and and and.

...the firefighters of Richmond, who had no input on how these things were designed, took equipment with inherent flaws and accomplished their primary mission,

Cool, I thought so, just makes most of what we've read published by rfd members bunk, doesn't it. St Louis made it work, and Syracuse, etc.

...Honor and professionalism, cornerstones of our mission-something you obviously lack.

Excuse me? Takes 6 months to load hose to lay right? Takes two rigs to take on a car? Guys can't drive? That is honor and professionalism. Seems it is time for a bunch of you to change careers.

...And my personal favorite, a compliment to himself:

Like Syracuse, Dade County, Ft Worth, St Louis, certainly not Richmond....

....Its all Jacks fault...

What is interesting is te union president and the fire chief are onlt off by 7 guys out of 391 firefighters to agreeing, his fault eh? SO when you get the extra 7 everything will be just fire right???

Times Dispatch
                        Looking ahead, Chief McElfish has asked in his proposed 2002 budget for city money for 10 additional firefighters and funds in the 2003 budget for 10 more.

"But that's still short of what it takes to give us a remedy," said firefighters' union president David Pulliam.

A retired lieutenant with 33 years in the city's fire service, Pulliam said, "We need to increase our staffing by 27 additional people.

This would restore a reserve to draw from to keep those quint companies in service every day, he said.

"

Gee the union president is om record supporting 20 quints as the right number.

Get a life, Rob. It's just apparatus.
                        The people in your case are the week link and the ones who make it work.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: the7tower ]

Comment

Note to everyone ... Larry, LHS*, LoveLock, the7tower, and whatever other names he's used, is nothing but a bureaucrat, board room, calculating person who does nothing other than twist words, numbers, etc. to try to accomplish his point - or better put, accomplish the opposite of whatever someone else is trying to prove.

A few months ago, Larry was praising Richmond for properly applying the quint concept and using Richmond as an example of how wonderful quints are. All of a sudden, that doesn't apply anymore, at least where Larry is concerned.

As you can see, discussing things with Larry is a waste of time. His story changes as often as his Firehouse.com ID.

Stay Safe

Comment

So PAfireman,

Post a third party source other than the FD that says their quint system is not working well.

They received government awards for it. Print the contrary? Go ahead!

Comment

Gentlemen:

Not to get off on a tangent here, but I did notice one thing, It seems to me if you are willing to stand by what you post, your profile would be somewhat more complete. I'm not gonna point any fingers here, but if you look at my profile I'm not afraid to tell people who I am and where I'm from and who I'm associated with. Just seems to me it would give more insight to the posts we put up here

Union Fire Co Carlisle Pa

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: pres41 ]

Pres41 (Pete)
                              [email protected]

Comment

So PAfireman,

I repeated their claims,didn't make them up.

But heck, post a third party source other than the FD or another FD site that says their quint system is not working well.

Document any of the claims. You know a newspaper, internet site, etc.

They received government awards for it. Print the contrary? It ought to be easy to prove. Go ahead!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X