No announcement yet.

Was that really necessary???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chief Reason, are you saying you are discontent with your local Communications Professionals? If so, what are you doing about it? Posting on an internet forum is not going to solve your problem with Clinton's Welfare to Work program graduates. I am very happy to say that I dispatch with a great group of folks! Sure, we have a couple that weren't born to be dispatchers, but we overcome it. Your dispatchers obviously do thier job correct to a point, otherwise your whole City, FD, and existance would be gone because the dispatchers couldn't do it right. I applaud Chiefof21, there you have it straight from the family of the patient. Having that info broadcast saved his wifes life and the broadcast info didn't bother him....

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

Tell me everything

Size up starts whent the bell rings. Responding units should know all that is available as soon as it becomes available, even in Farmland USA.
      Relatives with scanners? They're gonna find out eventually. If they insist on knowing what's going on, they will have to accept the truth when it comes.
      See You At The Big One

Comment

Excellent Point FiremanGeorge....

Short, sweet, to the point as a matter of fact!
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        ------------------------------
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Mark440:
          I don't recall mentioning you in my previous post. I am not going to take on the entire community of dispatchers. I give credit to the excellent professionals who are becoming small in numbers. There are alot of happy endings out there, but we always remember the ones that aren't so happy. But they make the lawyers happy, don't they? I have the utmost respect for dispatchers in our county, but you can always spot the new ones. I don't expect Clinton or you to fix my problems. I am a big boy. If I am not pleased with the way a call was dispatched, I will calmly pick up the phone, call the Dispatch Center's Supervisor, advise her that I will be contacting the 911 coordinator to resolve the problem. It is no different than a concerned citizen calling me about running the sirens on the trucks at 2:00am. There has to be a dialogue. I believe you would call that professional communication.
          Have you hugged your dispatcher lately?
          Visit www.iacoj.com
          Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
          RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

I don't think the dispatcher in question is displaying any more professionalism then the crew that walks into the bar or coffee shop after their shift and discusses the frequent flyer they picked up off the ground once again... still it does happen.

Up here if the crew was in quarters the details or suspected details would be relayed to them over the hotline, which is actually a phone. Since the ambulances aren't stationed in the fire halls here there is no broadcast or tone as in halls. If they were on the road at the time, the dispatcher would tell them to call in. All of our ambulances carry cell phones. The reason they are told to call in is not just to prevent friends and family from hearing the info over the air, it is also to prevent the press from showing up. The dispatchers here also use codes for the different hospitals, police and fire, so if you aren't familiar with what the codes are you don't know who is going to be on scene or where they will be taking the victims. The codes are changed periodically simply to protect peoples privacy.
            Cuddles 'N Kisses | Just A Little Poke | CastleCops

Comment

DISPATCHERS LEAVE YOU HANGIN'?

If John Q. Public attempted to hang himself....at whatever location, I would say there's a good chance that the majority of that municipality would soon find out anyway. No matter what codes you use, THAT kind of gossip is gonna spread like wildfire.

Don't beat around the bush....get the info out to the crew, and be as discrete as possible, without witholding vital information.

Let's face it....we all have great dispatchers, good dispatchers, mediocre dispatchers and just plain awful dispatchers. A little conferencing after the run is complete....might make for an improvement in the communications next time!
              Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
              Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
              On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...