X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sconfire
    replied
    I had a Conway Leather that was black. When I was promoted to Captain I painted it red. I used Hi-Temp engine primer and Hi-Temp red engine paint. You have to sand the leather just a touch to get a correct adhesion of the paint. I tried it with out and the paint came off in my test spot. When I lightly sanded it, it stuck like glue!

I eventually got a Cairns New Yorker and I still have my Conway. There are things I like about both helmets.

I would suggest just repainting it black if you need to.

Leave a comment:

• Da Sharkie
    replied
    I own a Conway Leather myself. If I remember correctly they can be repainted. I would suggest calling Conway helmets though. I think I read that they will repaint the helmets for a fee but they may also give you some advice on how to do it properly.

Leave a comment:

• alexff67
    started a topic Conway Leather helmets

Conway Leather helmets

I recently have changed to a white hat but my leather is a conway black. My question is can a conway leather be painted being that the leather is dyed, also with other leathers to change colors you can strip the paint and repaint, if I paint the conway and in the future need it black again will striping the paint ruin the origional finish that was dyed ?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X