Practicle jokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new one

Next time you have an extrication drill, save some of the glass from a broken car window. Then get access to your victim's car. Proceed to roll down his/her window and sprinkle the broken glass onto the ground. If done right, the victim will think that his/her window was broken. Make up some story about vandals and suggest that he/she should call their insurance company. While the victim is on the phone, clean up the glass and roll up the window.Then watch as the victim tries to figure out what happened.

The joke is better when you get your local Police involved.

Comment

The best one I participated in was several yrs ago. There was a student EMT that was lets say a square peg in a round hole. He ws just finishing his practicum. We staged a child trapped down a man hole and had the RCMP in on it too. We called the amb and treated it as a real call responding with full code. When the amb arrived we already had a FF in the man hole attempting to free the little girls stuck foot. A bycicle was parked near by to add to the illusion. We had decided that STARS (Shock Trauma Air Rescue {Air Ambulance}) was required. An RCMP member was parked down the street in an unmarked car. It was decided that the Student EMT would set up the landing zone for Stars in the field adjacent to our scene. He was told to set pylons in a perimeter for Stars to land. Another RCMP gave the student her radio so he could talk to Stars on TAC 9 directly. The Unmarked member would litterally repeatedly slap his hand on his chest (to mimic a helicopter) as he talked to the student "This is Stars Air Ambulance we are responding to your scene our arrival time is 7 min, By the way could you set up flares as it is dusk and we may not see the Pylons from the air... Over"
      The student thought oh... ok. Goes back to the RCMP cruiser and grabs 4 flares and places them at the pylons. Someone else tells him that maybe he should make the perimeter larger so the heli- doesnt blow the flares away. Oh OK and does so. Then some one tells him he should maybe walk the perimeter as Stars approches so that they can see where the boundries are. So he starts walkin the boundry. "Hold the flares over your head" he is told. Oh OK and does so.
      "This is Stars on Final approach we can see the flares but could you move a little faster as we are comming in hot as per medical info just relayed to us?" ah....OK so he starts jogging around the perimeter holding flares over his head and the rest of us are hiding on the other side of our trucks just about ****in ourselves laughin so hard. A min later the ambulance leaves the scene lights and sirens. I takes him a minute to figure out what happened and has a puzzled look on his face. WE tell him it was serious and the girl had to go now, that we couldn't wait for Stars.
      So dejectedly he cleans up disappointed that he didnt get to land Stars. We get back to our fire hall about 15 min later and the ambulance is parked out on the pad. The student doesnt get it....
      I thought they went to the hospital (A 20 min drive from there)
      It was then that we couldnt hold it in any longer and the whole place bust out laughin... probly 25 of us. He didnt take it well and grabed a fire hose that some one was washing the pad with and tried gettin some of us wet. WELL YOU DON'T START A WATER FIGHT WITH A FIRE FIGHTER, We had to respond in kind and carried him into the hose tower and just about drowned him in the emergency shower.
      Come to think of it I never saw him again...
      Some days yer the fire hydrant and some days yer the dog.

Comment

Hey plaza1070, I'll do you one better. Same stunt, but we had the guy come out of the firehouse in the morning to find his window gone and glass all around on the ground. They told him his car was hit, but it was no big deal, new cars nowadays come with a back up replacement window already in the door. They rolled the original window back up and-voila-good as new. The boot was amazed, but then they reminded him that he neede to stop by the dealer on the way home and let them know they needed to replace the replacement window in case it happened again. Apparently, he had it out with the repair department whn they told him he was off his rocker. Boots, you gotta love 'em.
        Lt. David Walters
        Station 10-A, MFD

Comment

Two real easy ones......

1) On a hot day, cover your victims car windows with a large tube of KY Jelly. The water will evaporate, leaving an armor coating that takes hours to scrape off

2) When covering somebody else's Station leave a little present in their toilet (you know what if mean), and remove and hide the chain from the tank.
          "Victorious warriors win first,
          and then go to war,
          while defeated warriors go to war first,
          and then seek to win."

LAO TZU

Comment

In our department we have done some practical jokes. Most of which caused lots of laughter. Everything from tying up the junior, taping him to a chair, pushing the bakc of their recliner down. These are just some of the things we do. The company up the road is ruthless, they tie the new guy into a stokes basket in the middle of the winter tie a rope to both the stokes and a field piece and do donuts in the field across the way. In the summer they do the same only they dont tie the stokes to the back of the truck they put it into someones pickup and drive backwards down a boat ramp with the tail gate open (one thing they found is stokes baskets dont float!)

Comment

One other one that I've just remembered - we had a junior that was a right pain in the bum. One night at training we ran his mountain bike up the hose tower. At the en of training he was frantic, looking all around the station for his bike, getting into a big panic. After about an hour we couldn't contain ourselves any longer and let him in on it's location.
              Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Comment

For this one you need to have a good working relationship with you local law enforcement agency; which we had. Actually I can think of several that Involve police officers.

Our station was in the municipal complex along with the police station. We occationally had a problem with visiting officers parking on the front apron blocking apparatus. One cause was the limited parking in the police department. One particular fireman would always go balistic about this when all that was necessary was to go next door and ask them to move. This particular day we had one of our K-9 officers park in front of the first-out engine and leave the motor running. When Jeff saw this he began his usual rampage. We told him that Rick, the officer, had taken Marcus, the dog, inside and that to mess with Rick he should go hide his car. Jeff thought this was a great idea, "we'll teach them to park here". Jeff got in the car, put it in reverse throughing his arm over the back of the seat; needless to say when he looked back he was met eye to eye with Marcus, a 130 lb Rotty, He jumped from the car wuith it still in reverse. Good thing we were prepared to react!

Another exciting time was the time that we wrapped a rubber snake around the steering wheel of on of the patrolman's car. This guy was big as an ox and made only one mistake; he said that he wasn't afraid of anything, nothing could scare him. We later found out during an incident where there were several snakes in a tank that he was petrified of snakes. You guessed it He damn near ripped the door off trying to get out and was drawing his weapon at the same time. Had we not stopped him he would have probably shot the car to pieces.

Another good one is to place either smoke bombs or firecrakers under the hood and rig them to the ignition system. This can be rather ammusing also.

Comment

Message In A Bottle Joke

It takes a little bit of planning but here's one that works...

Placing the victim's duty jacket in an Ozarka Water Jug/Bottle... This is real simple to do, provided your victim is notorious about leaving his/her duty jacket around the firehouse and you have access to an empty Bottle. Two firefighters can twist the jacket (like ringing it out) so that it is able to be stuffed into the Bottle. Once the jacket is in the Bottle, shake it up (so the jacket unwinds). This should take approximately 10 minutes of effort. When the victim returns to the firehouse, set them up with a dummy call saying "hey someone called for you earlier and said something about you'd know something about a message in a bottle and they hung-up" then make reference to "needing a jacket before you catch your next run".

Now the fun, is not only in watching the victim deal with the "shock factor" of "how did they get the jacket in the bottle" but watching the victim getting the jacket out.

Our rookie immediately went to our Truck and pulled what he thought was his tool of choice "a pick head axe", which amounted to nothing more than pure entertainment for the crew and officers watching. After a few minutes of beating it around the bay, he then went for the K-12 Partner saw.... So be prepared for extreme measures...

Comment

The explorers in our department are allowed to take shiftsduring the day, when they are done with school. A friend of mine is a very loud somewhat abnoxious person that is really fun to play jokes on. One day he left his sweatshirt at the station so the duty crew promptly folded it neatly and placed it on a tray in the freezer. each day for about three weeks they would pour two cups of water on it...it was solid ice, very funny, when they showed me i almost fell down the stairs laughing.

The training department took delivery of a medical dummy, about the size of rescue randy a little more than a year ago. the first daay we got it, my father-a deputy cheif and i brought it back to the fire cheifs office, proped it up in his chair and put one of his hemuts on it. we asked the secretary about it later, said it scared the hell outa him. when we asked him he backed that up. we are still finding creative things to do with the dummy...

the minator IIIs have reapeat buttons on them. most of our officers have these so we have taken these on nummerous occasions and hit the button, right by a sleeping brothers head. they jump up and run out to the bay to gear up, only to find the rest ofthe crew standing there laughing. another fun one is to have the crew gear up and stand over someones bead and wake them up and ask if they are comming to the call.

but i dont like funny.....
                    Stay Safe! Truckman38 Firefighter/EMT
                    Proud member IACOJ
                    *Never go anywhere without SCBA, a tool and a plan!
                    *Never forget our fallen!

Comment

this is one done to me not too long ago...

we had a jet dump valve that was leaking, and me and our captian were looking at it, and he goes "look at that"... so i look in toward the valve, and about that time he opens the valve! i jumped back and only my arm got wet, but the cheif got soaked!

there was another one in the story section of galls a while back...
                      a rookie was with an ambulance service and he always had to go on every call, and always had to ride shotgun... so one day they put a manaquin in the drivers seat, and had the tones set off for a sick call. the rookie ran and jumped in the ambulance with the others watchin, and the rookie sat there for a min, then said im ready, and turned and looked and saw the manaquin.

Comment

Has anyone noiced that sponges (the one that you wash the rigs with) looks like cake when you frost it just right?

Comment

heres a good one if you work 24 hour shifts and you bring duffel bags with the clothes you sleep in or take to the gym or whatever. make sure your target isnt anywhere in sight, and load his bag up with makeup, lingerie, tampons, pads, and other feminine items. then when they come back, unsuspecting, ask them for a towel or something out of thier bag. bring it out where everybody can see, and let the stuff fall out of the sides, its a good laugh.
                          These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
                          Forever in our hearts

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...