Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday I had a 66% mortality rate. went on a call where a lady had a glucose of 1200. she died. then went on a call for a 60 y/o grandmom who fell down the cellar stairs. she died at the hospital. had a fatal car accident last week too. Good year this year. NOT

Comment

kitchen fire caused by electrical.7:00am Dec.25. contained to the kitchen, smoke damaged the rest
      Stay safegoing into the new year!!!

Comment

christmas eve we had a car leaking gasoline and an alarm activation caused by unattended cooking,

christmas day we had a basement fire and a co alarm

MERRY CHRISTMAS
        even though its the day after
        9/11/01 forever in our hearts

Comment

Slow on X-mas day... A couple of medical aid runs and one "Kitchen Fire" that turned out to be nothing but a ruined prime rib roast. You know, those suckers can really fill up a house with smoke when they're left in the oven too long at too high a temperature! It was dinner out for them!

Have a happy new year everybody!

FB
          Fire service survival tips:
          1) Cook at 350...
          2) Pump at 150...
          3) When in doubt, isolate and deny entry...
          4) When in trouble, claim lack of adult supervision.

Comment

Our volunteer department had to run the call we all dreaded on Christmas eve. One of the founders of our dept. with a terminal disease had to call for an ambulance in the middle of the night. Our department is first response in this district. We provided O2 and comforted him until the ambulance arrived. He made it through Christmas Day and is resting comfortably in the Hospital. All of our prayers are with him and his family.

Happy and Safe Holidays to all!
            Career/Volunteer, We are all professionals!

Comment

Hang in there Haligan!

Just after we did carrolling at my house (a Santa run) and drank some really bitchin egg nog i concockted, we hit in with a ripping automatic alarm. I Love gettin of the rig w/ Santa riding as the officer.
              May God bless all the people and families who have lost
              their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
              [email protected]

Comment

It was 23:45 on Christmas Eve we had a call for a cardiac arrest. I was the medic riding backwards(my Christmas present)on our engine and we had a county rescue(they were closer than ours) and our EMS captain. It took us about 15min to get thier because it is in a very rual area. when we got thier we notice the scene lights were reflecting off a high tension wire from the power pole to the house. We walked in to the house and the pt's wife pointed us to the room he was in. Standing outside the door your hair would stand up from the amout of electricity. We could barly see the pt and he was not moving. He also seemed to have a burn mark on his right hip. It took 30 min for the power co. to shut off the power because thier were just too many jerry rigged electical lines, boxes, junctions etc. and every time we thought the power was out a light would come on somewhere else in the house or a phone woul ring. After we were assured by the power co. that it was safe we walked in and found him. He had grabbed a 220 line which had been partialy exposed. There were exit woulds on both hips and left fore arm. Unfortunatly we always have a code or a suiside on Christmas Eve.
                If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Lieutenant

Comment

We had just put the Turkey in the oven (1400 hrs.)and 10 minutes later we were dispatched to a 2nd alarm for a structure fire in neighboring town. The first in pumper had a 50% involved garage/barn (30'X20')and just a driver for a crew. We were fourth in and arrived 10 minutes after dispatch. By then the second and third pumpers crews had the fire knocked down and were overhauling it. We staged a block away and were released 15 minutes later. That was our excitement for the day.

Comment

why din;t they just shut it off at the pole? or even the whole block if they needed to?

Comment

12/25
                      AFA @02:08 Engine 2,3 Tower 1, Bat Chief 2 CO alarm @ 05:16 Engine 2
                      Mutal aid @ 20:45 Engine 3, Tower 1 commercial

12/26
                      Mulit Dewlling @ 14.34 Engine 2,3 Rescue 4,
                      Tower 1, Bat 2, Chief 1,
                      Mutal Aid Engine 89 (fast)
                      room and contents
                      AFA @19:47 Engine 2,3, Tower 1,
                      This space for rent

Comment

Xmas eve 1997, 12 inches of snow on the ground and still snowing & blowing very hard. We get dispatched to a residential fire 12 miles south of town.Very, Very rural area I caught the first tanker out the door and we were right behind the engine.We had a hard time seeing and trying to keep the trucks on the road was a real B#%ch.The tanker I was in DIED halfway to the fire and there I sat listening to the fire radio. Engine goes on scene and reports a fully involved structure. My heart sank and there was nothing i could do to help out.

Stay safe
                        Airpack
                        Live Life day to day and enjoy it you never know when your time will come due.

Comment

A police officer locked himself out of his house.
                          Ladder to climb into bathroom window.

Better than shoveling Christmas presents onto the front lawn!

Stay Safe
                          FTM-PTB
                          trk4

Comment

Nothing but a duct detector at the Holiday Inn for us. And after we popped the access panel for the duct, and saw how nasty it was in there, we were amazed that they're all not going off, all the time. Quiet night otherwise.
                            HazMat
                            ---
                            We gotta be nuts...we're running in when the rats & roaches are running out!

Let No Victim's Ghost Say That We Didn't Try
                            ---
                            Disclaimer:
                            These are my opinions, and only mine, and do not reflect the views of my department.

Comment

xmas eve we had a state police cruiser with 1400 miles on it roll 7 times after someone blew a stob sign in front of it!
                              There are three truths in life:

1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
                              2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
                              3. Two Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Comment

This Christmas a neighboring department had a trailer fire fully involved on arrival.

Last year my department had a working house fire that we saved, but it had substantial damage.

Seems like every year someone in our county has a house fire on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. It sucks.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X