X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pvfire424
    replied
    [QUOTE=Dickey] "Freeze or I will shoot your ear off!!!!"

I'm sorry , but if you'd have shouted that at me, I would have fallen down laughing so hard.

That is great.

Leave a comment:

• beastie35
    replied
    what would we have to talk about without people like this?

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    I got two of them....

First.....Dispatched to a "routine" call of chest pains for a guy. We get there and hook up the monitor. The battery was dead and just before my partner switches batteries, he says "oh man, this sucker is dead." The wife of the patient thinks we are talking about her husband, freaks out and faints. Lesson: Be careful of what you say on scene.

Second.......While working for the Sheriff's Office....One of my first shifts all by my lonesome. I get a call of a burglar alarm at a business. I think this my 3rd or 4th call to handle by myself. I get close and they advise me there are multiple trips from inside the building. I get close and see a pick up truck backed up to the front door with the back open and someone loading boxes into the truck. Now my blood is pumping thinking I have a burglary in progress. I call for back up and park out of the way and sneak up to the front door. Just as I approach the front door, the male I saw before comes out with another box. Seeing him come out scared me and I draw my gun and yell at him "Freeze or I will shoot your ear off!!!!" Shoot your ear off??? As soon as I said it, I knew it sounded dumb. Me yelling at him, scared him as well and he dropped the box and put his hands in the air. Afterwards, I find out he is teh owner and forgot to shut off the alarm. He thought that if I was such a good shot as to shoot his ear off, he was going to do everything the nice deputy tells him to do. We still laugh at that one.

Leave a comment:

• BFD1581
    replied
    Pretty Funny?

We were dispatched for a person fallen from a porch roof. Upon arrival we found a gutter and some house service lines down. Next to them was a male somewhat incoherant. Upon further investigation we found out that he has a problem sleep walking and he actually slept walked from his second story bedroom window to the porch and then straight to the ground (ouch). All in all he turned out ok, but his wife says she is gonna lock the window for now on.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Last December,we had 11" of snow on the ground and my department got tapped out for a woman finding a lump in her breast.At 0225.
    I am sure that members were grumbling as the Captain came up and advices Central Dispatch to not call us out that address unless it was on fire.
    He said later that he also called and asked to speak to said dispatcher about priorities and common sense on dispatches.
    Everyone else also speculated around the training room tables about just what she had been doing when the lump was found.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    We have a rule that anyone piling off a rig with"Hey,ya'll,watch this!"is not allowed to do anything else at that call.

Originally posted by Co11FireGal
    Yep, when ya hear that you know it's going to be a whopper of a story, but when a conversation starts out with Bubba saying, "Hey Billy Bob, watch this!".....THAT is what 911 calls are made of!

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    And.........................

Quite a few years ago, I was working a part time gig as a Security Guard. I stopped by the Station one Firday night on my way home, somewhere about O Dark Hundred. A fellow Volunteer, who was a County Police Officer was there, and we were sitting in his Police Car talking when he gets a call for a suspicious car at the local bank. Since he had no backup available, I rode along to the bank. We arrived to find a car idling at the drive up window, and the Red Light that indicated the window was closed was lit. The driver was laid back in the seat, snoring. We woke him up (Carefully) and asked him what he was doing there. He repiled (in a Alcohol induced accent) "I'm waiting for that light to change so I can go home..."

Leave a comment:

• Firegod32
    replied
    I have two of them...

1. Got a call for a "dog stuck in an open septic tank." First unit on scene established "septic tank command." He disregarded us before we got there.

2. Was up late at the station one night (waiting on that 3rd call as they do really come in 3's here). Someone pulls in a says that there was just an auto-ped down the road. We radio it in and go in route. We arrived to find a patient (who was on something and had likely been turning some tricks) staggering around. I introduced myself and asker for her name...she looked me square in the eye and said "Goodp*$$y, Mrs. Goodp*$$y." The rest of the call when down hill from there. Best part was "transferring care" to the ambulance. Funniest patient report ever given.

Leave a comment:

• KCrescue1
    replied
    We had a car wreak that involved an HUGE women. She was T-boned at an intersection, and a large box of photos came flying out all over the street. When we got on the scene we looked at the photos and noticed that they were pictures of the women getting nailed by several men.

Leave a comment:

• Spectre08
    replied
    Originally posted by npfd801
    Best one I've been on was a bar fight, where we're waiting to clear the scene for an EMT helping in the back of the bus, and we watch a drunk guy walk out of the bar, stare at the half dozen patrol cars and emergency apparatus on scene, get in his car, and back straight into a deputy's car, which had it's warning lights ablaze in plain view.

Best part was the guy put the car in park, got out, and had his hands on his head and body against the car before the cop even had a chance to truly react....
    ****. That's not a story, that's a night on the town down here

Leave a comment:

• Co11FireGal
    replied
    Originally posted by Steamer
    The red neck version starts off with, "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this sh**."
    Yep, when ya hear that you know it's going to be a whopper of a story, but when a conversation starts out with Bubba saying, "Hey Billy Bob, watch this!".....THAT is what 911 calls are made of!

Leave a comment:

• npfd801
    replied
    Best one I've been on was a bar fight, where we're waiting to clear the scene for an EMT helping in the back of the bus, and we watch a drunk guy walk out of the bar, stare at the half dozen patrol cars and emergency apparatus on scene, get in his car, and back straight into a deputy's car, which had it's warning lights ablaze in plain view.

Best part was the guy put the car in park, got out, and had his hands on his head and body against the car before the cop even had a chance to truly react....

Leave a comment:

• elswappo
    replied
    We had a Woman who was low on blood sugar, we respond with the medics and show up to find this lady going crazy. Her family is freaked out because shes screaming and yelling that she won't eat anything because her son died. The family said he died over a year ago, anyway we hold her down so the medics can put in a line and give her glucose. I take one of her legs, (we all took a limb she was big) Shes screaming and kicking and yelling then she stops completly, smiles and she farts! She looks up at me and goes "oops, I farted" We all died laughing.

Leave a comment:

• Steamer
    replied
    Originally posted by doughesson
    You know the difference between a fairy tale and a sea story,don't you?
    A fairy tale begins "Once upon a time...."and a sea story starts"No sh** guys,this really happened."
    The red neck version starts off with, "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this sh**."

Leave a comment:

• Dave1983
    replied
    One of our crew was on the roof of a 21 storie hi-rise when an extreem need to "void" came over him. Well, when you gotta go, so he did into one of the roof drains at the edge of the roof. About the time he, um, deployed his line, a news helicopter pops up from behind the building. Trying to make the best of a bad situation, he flashed a big smile and waved with his un-occupied hand.

We were pleased that this pieceof the film didnt make the 6PM news.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X