This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CaliFire -

Here is a compendium of the facts that convicted Welsey Cook (the guy who likes to call himself Mumia Abu Jamal), in case you don't get time to visit the web site and read the actual word for word trial transcripts:

(excertpted from www.danielfaulkner.com)

FACT

As a young man, Jamal had a long history of hatred against law enforcement officers. While he was a Black Panther, Mumia Abu-Jamal wrote, "I for one feel like putting down the pen....LET'S WRITE EPITAPHS FOR PIGS." Jamal has stated that he used his position in the Black Panthers to call for a "black revolution in America" and that "political power grows from the barrel of a gun."

FACT

A total of five eyewitnesses have testified that they saw Mumia Abu-Jamal run from a parking lot and shoot Officer Faulkner to death as the officer attempted to arrest Jamal's brother. None of these eyewitnesses knew each other. Each gave their accounts within minutes of the shooting, and the accounts agreed with each other in every significant detail. Several of these individuals stated that -- in some cases from less than 30 feet away -- they watched as Jamal repeatedly fired at the fallen and unarmed officer from point blank range. One even stated that Jamal took the time to bend down and fire the final shot into the wounded officer's face from less than a foot away and that the officer's "whole body jerked" when the shot hit his face. Was each and every one of these eyewitnesses - including a man called by Jamal's own lawyers in 1995, Robert Harkins - "confused" about what they saw, as Jamal and his attorneys allege?

FACT

Within a few minutes of the shooting, three of the eyewitnesses personally identified Mumia Abu-Jamal to police at the scene as the man who had shot Officer Faulkner. Again, none of these individuals knew each other. They had no time to find what other witnesses were going to say. Nor was there time for police to "coerce" or "intimidate" them prior to making their identifications. The police had no way of knowing what story to "coerce" witnesses to tell even if they had wanted to. Each witness watched from a different vantage point, and several stated that they never lost sight of Jamal from the moment the shooting stopped, until the police apprehended him and placed him in the van. Were these eyewitnesses all "mistaken" about what they saw, as Jamal and his attorneys now argue?

FACT

Jamal was apprehended only 10 feet away from Officer Faulkner's body. In his chest, Jamal had a bullet fired from Officer Faulkner's gun. If the officer was shot by a "phantom killer," as Jamal's lawyers contend, he would have shot the gunman, not Jamal. The eyewitnesses all said that Jamal shot the officer in the back before the officer even knew Jamal was there.

FACT

The gun found next to Jamal was owned by Jamal and registered in his name. Does an "innocent man" run to the scene of an arrest with his gun in his hand if he doesn't intend to use it?

FACT

Jamal's gun contained five spent casings from unique high velocity special +P ammunition. These casings were the exact brand (Federal), caliber (.38) and type (high velocity +P with a hollow base) of ammunition retrieved from Officer Faulkner's brain. Is it reasonable to believe that an "innocent man" just happened to load his gun with exact same ammunition that the "real killer" used in his gun?

FACT

The rifling characteristics of the bullet removed from Officer Faulkner's brain showed that it was fired from a barrel with 8 lands and grooves and a right hand direction of twist. This is identical to the rifling characteristics of the barrel of Jamal's gun. Is it a coincidence that an "innocent man" just happened to load his gun with the same unique ammunition as the "real killer" AND have the same rifling pattern in the barrel of his gun as the "real killer"?

FACT

Jamal's brother, William Cook, saw the murder unfold. When police arrived at the scene -- less than one minute after the shooting -- they found Cook against a wall a few feet away from the dead officer's body. Cook's only comment was, "I ain't got nothin to do with this." Would not the brother of an "innocent man" say something like, "The guy who shot the cop ran away." or "My brother didn't do it"? In fact, to this day, Cook is the only known eyewitness (other than Jamal himself) who has never testified to what he saw. He has never so much as suggested that his brother might be innocent.

FACT

The jury knew that William Cook was the closest person to the murder. Yet the jury never heard Cook testify on his brother's behalf. It does not require a degree in rocket science to understand the significance of the fact that Cook would allow his brother to be sentenced to death rather than testify to his supposed innocence. Is it believable that an "innocent" Mumia Abu-Jamal would simply accept his brother's silence and not demand to have him testify to his innocence in order to save him from conviction?

FACT

On June 21, 1982 , Officer Faulkner's blood stained shirt was displayed in the courtroom. Jamal deliberately turned around and grinned at Officer Faulkner's widow as her husband's shirt was displayed. Several witnesses saw this, and it was printed the following day in the Philadelphia Inquirer's report of the trial. Such a calculated act of evil is not characteristic of an innocent man.

FACT

Throughout the trial and at the sentencing hearing the jury saw Mumia Abu-Jamal explode with loud violent outbursts, obscenities, verbal threats and diatribes against the judge, the prosecutor, his own attorney, and even the jurors themselves. Were these the acts of an "innocent man"?

FACT

Jamal insulted and refused to speak with the lawyer he himself had selected prior to trial. He then refused to be represented by any lawyer at all. Instead, he demanded to have John Africa, the leader of a radical cult called MOVE, act as his lawyer. Would an "innocent man" concerned with keeping his freedom, as opposed to making his trial a political forum, make such absurd demands? Or would an "innocent man" work to provide his highly qualified and experienced attorney -- an attorney he hand picked -- with every bit of information and evidence he could muster that supported his innocence?

FACT

Though given two chances (the trial in 1982 and the PCRA hearing in 1996) to take the stand and explain his alleged "innocence," Mumia Abu-Jamal has refused to do so. In fact, he has refused to tell anyone what really happened on the morning Officer Faulkner was murdered; including the legion of reporters from around the world who line up to interview him. Would an "innocent man" keep the facts that prove his supposed innocence a secret?

FACT

At his sentencing hearing, Mumia Abu Jamal threatened Judge Albert Sabo in front of the entire courtroom when he said, "I'm going to tell you one thing: You have sentenced yourself, just like Judge Malmed, just like Malcolm, just like Merna Marshal, and every other Judge who dares to sit up there and act like you got some justice. You are wrong. You have just been sentenced to death. You have just been convicted!" (N.T. 5/25/83, 165)

Are these the words of an "innocent man"?
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

I'm ashamed to say I live in a state that has a college ( Evergreen, I believe) that actually invited this piece of sh*t to be commencement speaker at graduation. How much brainwashing b/s do you think it takes to sway an entire graduating class to believing this assh*le is some kind of poster child for the oppressed? When it comes to the west coast, seems like the farther north you get, the deeper into the outer limits you go! In my humble opinion the "MUTT" should fry, slowly. Hope I didn't offend any of the more delicate among us.

Comment

Good job "BucksEng..."
        As the son of a retired Cop, w/a few years stint
        myself in the Cop World before finally getting
        "on the job" in the Philly 'burb's & out here in
        "the arm pit of America" (Chicagoland/Great
        Lakes Rust Belt),all I can say is:#@&^)!*%^#$!!!

Screw the liberals!

Comment

Thank you SouthBronx for the post.
          Thank you J Black for the facts.

Show another from N.Calif to eliminate Mumia.

Your on yer own CaliFire-You been hanging out at Cal?

P.S. J Black-Be nice to N.Calif, or I'm making you buy the beer.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by geiss:
            Thank you SouthBronx for the post.
            Thank you J Black for the facts.

Show another from N.Calif to eliminate Mumia.

Your on yer own CaliFire-You been hanging out at Cal?

P.S. J Black-Be nice to N.Calif, or I'm making you buy the beer.

HEY!! That's no threat to me. I love buying, as long as I'm drinking too!

I'll be nice to Cali. He's one of only two liberal firefighters I've seen here, so I don't want to gang up. It really gets under my skin, though, when someone goes to lengths to explain how open minded he is, then displays his ignorance of the subject at hand. No offense intended, Cali. Read my last post, or better yet read the trial transcripts. Then come back and tell me about "open minded".
            "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Holy Crap pahoseboy, thats been tried before in a little place called Dachau. try to keep a reign on comments like that would you

Comment

I prefer an old standby, when he's found guilty of murder take his *** out back of the court house and string him up. Hell of a lot cheaper than frying or injecting him. You can get a good rope for $2.99 at Ace Hardware, and it doesn't have to be that long. Of course, that would be inhumane and unfair. Well, guess what all you liberal fairies, I think it is inhumane and unfair to have to deal with the fact that this
                **** WIPE is still breathing my and my fellow brothers' air. I think they out to just wipe his *** out right now. If 15 or so guards jump his *** in the dark no one will no who offed him, will they?(hint-hint)

Comment

I can understand mooks like Mumia. He is just trying to save his a*%. What he did is inexcusable and he should die. A jury found so during the penalty phase of his trial.

What confuses and upsets me is that there are so many like Mike Farrell and Ed Asner that are willing to support this piece of sh#$ despite all the information that is available that clearly shows how guilty he is. Even when presented with the facts, these idiots can only support this jerk (see 20/20 transcript in danielfaulkner.com).

This is nothing short of giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X