firefighting music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefighting music

What do you think is the best firefighting music, which songs get your heart pumping and make you ready for that call?
    Just wondering what others think.
    "Go in as a team, Come out as a team"

just about anything that sounds good.

Comment

My Hero by Foo Fighters(it was in varsity blues) they got a remix of it i downloaded with Worchester F.D. remix( I always listen to that on the way to the station on fire runs)

Comment

I like the old time rock and roll like 50's 60's 70's. But as far as fire music I am to busy when the call comes to listen to music. Maplewood how do you listen to music and monitor radio traffic and understand additonal info the dispatch has when you listen to the music on the way to the station. If you are like most people in thier early 20's I am friends with (I am 21) then the music is too loud to hear yourself think.

Comment

I'm a career f.f., so we're not supposed to be listening to music on the way to a fire, but there a few officers who allow it. My favorite would have to be Cowboy by Kid Rock. Kid Rock is a little out of my style, but it sounds tough goin down the road code 3 with that song thumping in your ears.

Comment

I'm a career f.f., so we're not supposed to be listening to music on the way to a fire, but there a few officers who allow it. My favorite would have to be Cowboy by Kid Rock. Kid Rock is a little out of my style, but it sounds tough goin down the road code 3 with that song thumping in your ears.

Comment

Twilight Zoneby the Golden Earingsseems to get things going. Cowboy, yeh, that works too.
              The opinions expressed here are that of my own and in no way reflect the opinions of my administration or department.

Comment

"Sad but true" by Metallica
                the title has a meaning about what you're going to is sad...but true...(has anyone ever been on a "happy" emergency?)
                The instrumental aspect of the song get's you going too...Not to hard, but has a good beat...
                HELL YEAH!!!
                The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

Comment

I have a few....Highway to Hell (AC/DC), Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot), Hard to Handle (Black Crowes)...All songs that get ya jacked up!

Comment

You guys are missing the obvious........MOTOWN music is the way to go here. At the station, blasting in the bays, pumping in the truck. MOTOWN is the hot ticket.
                    Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but you guys are dropping the ball by listening to music on your way to a call. If you are doing this in your rig then shame on your officer, if you are doing this on your way to the station, then shame on you. SIZE-UP, SIZE-UP, SIZE-UP. You should be thinking size-up from the minute the pager goes off. Where is the call, what time of day is it, what is the weather, who might be at the location we are going to, what units are responding allready, etc., etc. As you play your music you lose valuable time to think and obsereve what is going on. Every FF is capable of size up and you might just think about something on the way to a call that saves your life, or someone elses. Save the music for after the run, when packing hose or back at the house. Use response time for size up.
                      B Holmes

Comment

Running with the Devil. I am also a huge NJ Devils fan and they used to play it all the time at the games.
                        This space for rent

Comment

Listened to "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins (theme to Top Gun) for years, used to have it set so that it ran when I started up the rig. Now as a BC I keep the rig quiet so I can hear the radio traffic.

Comment

When in route to my firehouse, being on a on call dept, i like either Dropkick Murphy's "The Spicey McHaggis Jig" or Metallica "Enter sandman", great songs and good way to wake up.
                            Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
                            New England FOOL
                            "LEATHER FOREVER"
                            As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Comment

Holy S***!!! I though I was the only one who listened to the Dropkick Murphys. As far as they go you gotta go with the following......1)SING LOUD SING PROUD 2)FIGHTING 69TH 3)STAND UP AND FIGHT 4) FAR AWAY COAST..... Many blessings to Mike McColgan former singer of the Dropkick's now a Boston Brother.
                              Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X