Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of gear do you have ?(helmets,bunkers,boots etc)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of gear do you have ?(helmets,bunkers,boots etc)

just wondering what kind of gear everyone out there uses makes models colors, reflective striping, rubber/leather boots, traditional/metro cairns,bullard,morning pride etc, helmets, gold/black gear, quaker morning pride etc
    9/11/01 forever in our hearts

My company tends to use a variety of gear. Mostly depends on who will give us the quality for the best price.
    Right now the bulk of our bunkers are Globe Nomex, but we are beginning to change over to Basofil. The new gear also has the triple stripe scotchlite striping.
    Helmets are a mixture of Bullard, Cairns, and Chieftain, there are probably some others that I may have missed.
    Boots are the standard Lacrosse rubber boots, although I use my own Black Diamond 10" Zip-ups.
    I am trying to convince the chief that we should go with the traditional style helmet, but so far no luck.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

We are using Janesville nomex turnout gear (I hate it)very heavy and bulky. Bullard salad bowls(only chiefs get traditionals?) All different kinds of rubber boots. Basically we get the cheapest stuff out there

Comment

after our merger with another dept ~3.5 years ago we switched all bunker gear to Globe, w/FDNY style reflective striping. Standard issue is rubber boots, cairns salad bowls (660's).

some of us have purchased Warrington Pro leather boots and a few have purchased Paul Conway American Heritage Leather helmets... but none are issued by the dept
        Shevais M. Shrum
        Western Wake Fire Rescue

Comment

Our turnout gear is issued by the Department and is made by Cairns. The ranks of Firefighter, Lieutenant and Captain wear black P84 (now called Basofil) with the FDNY style lime/silver/lime reflective striping. Chief Officers wear white turnouts.

The Department issues either the Bullard Traditional or Cairns 1010 "pleather" helmet in black. A lot of us have purchased out own leather helmets with our uniform allowances (mine is a Cairns N6A). Chief Officers wear white helmets.

The Department issues FireWalker boots, once again, many have gone to Warrington Pro leather boots.

Our hoods are either Nomex or P84.

We get $675 a year for uniform clothing allowance, we have the option of purchasing what we want (as long as it is approved) and turning in the receipts or going to an approved vendor and charging it to our clothing allowance account.
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I'm on a small rural department in Southeast Wisconsin. All our department memebers get brand new Janesville Isodri PBI/Kevlar turnout gear with all the pockets and loops available. One cool feature on the pants are the replaceable knee pads. If you kneel in either contamonate or bloodborne pathogen or just plain wear out the knees they are just velcro'd in. These all come with the FDNY style lime/silver/lime triple reflective material. For helmets we all have the Bullard "Salad Bowl's " as you've all but it, each with a 4AA Streamlight. We all have Ranger or LaCrosse fireboots. Same deal as with alot of others, Chiefs have white helmets and turnouts. Everone else has the gold bunkers with a black helmet.
            Brad A. Ingersoll
            Assistant Chief
            Maple Bluff Fire Department
            Blooming Grove, Burke, Maple Bluff EMS

Badgerland FOOLS
            EGH-PTB-FTM

Comment

Morning Pride, tails and all; Cairns New Yorker; Warrington Pro leather boots.
              This space for rent

Comment

We use Globe PBI I'm not exactly sure why we use Globe and not other brands, probably price. As for helmets and boots, as long as they are NFPA approved we can wear what ever we like!
                If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Lieutenant

Comment

Globe Nomexs Bunkers, tan with yellow strips.
                  Ranger rubber boots.
                  Carins Metro Helmets.
                  FF=yellow, Chief=white, Lt.or Capt.=red, , PFF=black.

Comment

we got Morning Pride Coats and Bunker Pants
                    everyone but me has red gear but i got Tan .
                    I got a hand me down.
                    Our Helmets are Morning Prides all the Firefighters have Red LiteForce helmets
                    Officers have White Big Ben 2 helmets(very nice helmet)(both officers and firefighters with shields)
                    Rubbers we have La Crosse
                    2 things i hate about our fire gear #1 our Maglights(there red to match the coat)hahahha
                    but i'm getting a new pelican
                    #2 I don't know maybe it's me but my gloves are real confortable but i think my dept gets cheap-o gloves the ones that say Firefigher on the top of them.

Comment

Jrs. at my dept. have:
                      -Black Globe coat's and Bunkers w/green refective
                      -Black Metros
                      -And the Rubber ranger boots

Srs. have:
                      -Gold PBI coats and bunkers w/orange refective
                      -all have metros- (ff yellow)(officer red)(chief white)
                      -And Leather rangers

More and More members are getting New Yorkers though.
                      "Real Heros wear SCBA, Not Capes!"<br />

<a href="http://www.newhollandfire.net" target="_blank">www.newhollandfire.net</a> **department website**

<a href="http://www.lancasterfire.com" target="_blank">www.lancasterfire.com</a><br />**county website**

Comment

We use a variety of turn-outs (Globe, Janesville, Quaker), mostly from years of different people in charge of gear. The new gear officer (yours truly) is trying to standardize with Globe.

Our helmets are Cairns 660's, with some guys buying leather on their own. We're going to look at Ben 2 traditionals to start replacing the older 660's.
                        I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

We've used yellow turnouts for years. Modern-style (read:no class) helmets have been issued since the mid-80's. Firefighters and driver-engineers wear black helmets, captains and inspectors-red, chiefs-white. Our current manufacturers are: Quest turnouts (pretty good. Zippered front coats,Gore-tex liners, triple-stripe Scotchlite), Bullard helmets (about the most useless items I've ever laid eyes on), Ranger boots.

Many, myself included, have gone to the traditional-style helmets, at our own expense. I've been using a Morning Pride Ben-2. We still use the goofy shields, per dept. order. The leather boots haven't really caught on along the Gulf Coast, but I expect that will change, soon.

Comment

Black Morning Pride w/green-silver-green stripe
                            (Hold the suspenders, for me anyway...I don't like em')
                            Warrington Pro leather boots
                            Cairns N5A New Yorker LEATHER helmet(no stickers!)
                            (you can have my leather helmet when you pry it from my lifeless fingers)

The dept. issues:
                            Tan Morning Pride w/green-silver-green
                            Warrington Pro leather boots
                            M.P. Ben II "plus" helmets

We can wear pretty much what we want.... as long as we wear bunker pants, no more 3/4 boots.
                            FTM-PTB
                            trk4

Comment

helmet- cairns N5A, black
                              boots- ranger 10" zip ups
                              gear- quest, yellow with orange strip and lettering
                              (the quest is our newer gear, before that we had globe) just a note the helmet and boots are mine, our dept. issues a variety of plastic yellow helmets and firewalker bunker boots
                              Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
                              New England FOOL
                              "LEATHER FOREVER"
                              As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X