X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bgfdchick
    replied
    Specifically review your goals and weaknesses. What do you have problems with? What can you improve on? How much time do you have?

For example, when I started doing extrication, I tried to "bulk up" - gain mass and power. In my case, I learned, it wasn't brute strength that was a problem, but muscular endurance. Picking up a 35-40lb tool was nothing...holding it for long periods was. So I retailored my routine with high reps and loweER (not low) weight - challenging my muscles to work harder, longer.

I'm a personal trainer - if you need more advice, let me know ([email protected]). I'd be glad to help you with a program. Good luck!

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: bgfdchick ]

Leave a comment:

• Captain Gonzo
    replied
    Most firefighters want to do all three things that BucksEngine 78 stated...gain stength, lose fat (muscle weighs more than fat!) and increase cardio endurance. Mike Stefano's The Firefighter's Workout Book is an excellent reference, so is Bill Phillip's Body for Life.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]

Leave a comment:

• Halligan84
    replied
    Check out the "fitness" link of this site. Excellent stuff there. The FF Workout book is a good investment too.

Leave a comment:

• Nate78
    replied
    What are you looking to do? Bulk up? Lose weight? Gain cardio strength? Tone up? That really determines what kind of workout you want.

Leave a comment:

• llcfd73
    started a topic workouts

workouts

i am an average shape firemedic who put on a few in medic school and want to really get back to peak condition. even better than before i started medic school. anyone have any good workouts so i can become the firefighter i desire to be. thanks.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X