Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maplewood, son, you worry me. We all want to get to the fire quickly, but if you read that part carefully, the "get to the fire" comes before "quickly". Putting the hammer down is not what it's all about. Putting the fire out is.

Unless all that warp-speed talk is just talk, you better slow those things down.

You are not in a game where you get the biggest, fastest toys and play with them the hardest. We have a very dangerous job, and it's dangerous enough without our own stupidity compounding it.

Stop watching "Backdraft" so damn much.

And incidentally, Mary Ellen, I'm not so sure he's gonna catch your line, but I did! Good one!

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: EastKyFF ]

“I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Maplewood - I assume from looking at your profile, hearing about your apparatus and the way you act, that you are a volunteer. Let me say, that as a volunteer who takes his responsibilities very seriously, I am completely disgusted at the depth of your ignorance. It is unfortunate that volunteers like myself are forced to be lumped in with idiots like yourself who obviously only care about driving big red trucks as fast as you can. I can assure you that if you were on my department and displayed the attitudes that you have shown in this posting, and in other postings, the only buddies you would have would be your fellow "traffic control buddies" because that's the only thing I would even think about letting you do. You need to seriously reevaluate your attitude towards your responsibility as a firefighter and your reason for joining a department.
      Captain 203
      FF/EMT-CT

Comment

If I could post a pic of my face while reading this, it would be priceless. Oh well, back to lettering the bugguard on the quint.

Comment

jeez guys chill out. you guys love the sticker on my car says Drive it like a Fire Truck. i don't get to drive a lot i don't mess around getting to the fires. Besides the roads we run on are almost hardly busy(there county roads and township roads.)
          I guess i drive fast from racing 4-wheelers.(I'm president of local 4-wheeler racing club called "Ruff Riders")(2000 Honda 400 EX 4 stroke dual headers,DMC piped, K and N jetted, DG nerf bar,renthal bars, K and N air filter kit,Holeshots on the back end, Pure sports on the front end, Denton racing steering stablizer,Duncan racing shock covers, custom air box, Nac's Racing parking brake,Dura blue rear axle, Lone Star A-arms, douglass beadlock rims all the way around)does like 70-80.
          (thats another hobby of mine) Last time i did something really stupid on it was going from 4th-5th gear messing around out in my yard) pulled if the front end at about 55 mph and about dumped it backwards. It was scary but it was a good ride .

Comment

jeez guys chill out. you guys love the sticker on my car says Drive it like a Fire Truck. i don't get to drive a lot i don't mess around getting to the fires. Besides the roads we run on are almost hardly busy(there county roads and township roads.)
            I guess i drive fast from racing 4-wheelers.(I'm president of local 4-wheeler racing club called "Ruff Riders")(2000 Honda 400 EX 4 stroke dual headers,DMC piped, K and N jetted, DG nerf bar,renthal bars, K and N air filter kit,Holeshots on the back end, Pure sports on the front end, Denton racing steering stablizer,Duncan racing shock covers, custom air box, Nac's Racing parking brake,Dura blue rear axle, Lone Star A-arms, douglass beadlock rims all the way around, with a few Fox Racing stickers)does like 70-80.
            (thats another hobby of mine) Last time i did something really stupid on it was going from 4th-5th gear messing around out in my yard) pulled if the front end at about 55 mph and about dumped it backwards. It was scary but it was a good ride .

Comment

I guess i drive fast from racing 4-wheelers.(I'm president of local 4-wheeler racing club called "Ruff Riders")(2000 Honda 400 EX 4 stroke dual headers,DMC piped, K and N jetted, DG nerf bar,renthal bars, K and N air filter kit,Holeshots on the back end, Pure sports on the front end, Denton racing steering stablizer,Duncan racing shock covers, custom air box, Nac's Racing parking brake,Dura blue rear axle, Lone Star A-arms, douglass beadlock rims all the way around, with a few Fox Racing stickers)does like 70-80.

Comment

(thats another hobby of mine) Last time i did something really stupid on it was going from 4th-5th gear messing around out in my yard) pulled if the front end at about 55 mph and about dumped it backwards. It was scary but it was a good ride .i guess you might be a redneck if you got more money in your bike than your your car you might be a redneck

Comment

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: PyroSlayer ]

Comment

Maplewood, why not mount a few strobes, a Fed Q, and a water tank on that awesome 4-wheeler. Maybe you could find room for one of those 13" TV/VCR combo units so you could watch Backdraft over and over. By the way, when you fell of the back of of your four wheeler, any chance you wearing a helmet? If not, there may be possible dain bramage, or maybe damage to the ground from the impact. How long ago did this accident happen? Perhaps the mechanism of injury should have been examined more closely, given your obvious signs of altered mental status.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: PyroSlayer ]

Comment

Sorry guys - Maplewood OH. does not exist. Apparently this guy is yanking everyone's chain. I have been unable to find anything anywhere on Maplewood. Where the He** is Maplewood? Remedial classes? Start over at the beginning. If you are on a department, you have to be the biggest box of rocks they have seen in a while. If they think you are the best thing to walk through the door of the firehouse, let me know where exactly Maplewood Ohio is so I can go completely around that area. The other folks that have posted replies have been nice to you but apparently you don't get it. You are a shame to the profession. You suck up air and waste bandwidth.

Comment

Just got back from Hooters....got hit by one of those tital waves there if ya know what I mean.

Comment

Raise your hand if you give a hog's *** about his four-wheeler!
                          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

maplewood oh exist you tool. if you'd get off your lazy a-- and look it up you'd find it.

Comment

i always wear all my gear when i race or mess around in the yard with my 4-wheeler. I including my chrome plated helmet. (it's pretty tight)

Comment

Where is Maplewood? What are some towns nearby? What county is it in?

If these come too fast, try breaking them down one at a time. Don't strain yourself.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X