Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Plus(listen to this) my interior buddie works at a place sells Luverne fire truck

Also, ummmmm, could you please clarify what an "interior buddy" is?
    "Greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Comment

Maplewood,

Not to rain on your parade, but 4000-5000 gallons? I hope you don't have too many bridges in your area.

Also, a 10 man cab with extrication tools might be better suited for a rescue truck, not a tanker.

Comment

I can't wait till we get our new truck. It's a custom collaboration between E-One, Pierce, Luverne, And American Lafrance. It's gonna have a custom 15 man cab with intercoms for everyone and of course be completely climate controlled. Its dozens of campartments are also climate controlled so that you don't have to worry about your delicate gear being too hot or cold. Its extra large hose bed can hold 3000' of bright orange 2.5 inch hose. The booster tank is a whopping 6000 gallons but we use that light water additive so it keeps the total weight of the truck down. We need this much water cause we have 2.5 inch preconnects for all 15 guys on the truck. We decided to go ahead and have a 100' ladder mounted on top just in case. It was a little tight what with the walk in rescue type body and on board decontamination room. We still had room for the 15kw generator and light towers though. If anyone knows of anything we have missed, please post on this topic with your suggestions and we will see if they can be worked into the specs. Chief says it'll be awhile before its ready but it should be worth the wait. Should be getting new toothbrushes soon.

Comment

Oh, Pyro, what a great disservice you have done to yourself if you do not include a 10-ton hydraulic crane, a compartment for a 14-foot rescue boat with a full set of diving gear, kennels for SAR dogs, a helicopter landing pad on the roof, hair salon on a roll-out tray, a live satellite TV uplink for on-scene PIO work and fire prevention programs, a bunk room (for "interior buddies" ), and a fitness center.

This should add $8-12 million to the price tag, but I feel sure you'll agree it's worth it. You have to be prepared for EVERYTHING.
          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hey, if we're getting in on the ground floor for the specs, can we get a massage table to go with that Hair Salon? God knows after slugging hose for hours we could all use a relaxing massage!!!!!
            If we're short on room, we could always have it on collapsable legs and maybe double as a portable stretcher?
            IACOJ

Comment

Wow, thanks for the great ideas. I'll have to see what can be incorporated into the design of the truck. So far, the only thing I don't like about this truck is that it just isn't going to "sound" like a fire truck. The builders told us that a regular diesel engine would not have enough power for this new piece so we had to go with a Pratt & Whitney ramjet engine with afterburner. All this power is gotten to the ground with the help of a hyperdrive relay coupled with a flux capacitor. They told us it will have plenty of power, but won't have the diesel sound we are used to.

Comment

Pyro, Don't forget the cup holders. And don't let them get skimpy and put the little ones in. No, no, no, go with the adjustable ones able to hold the 32oz beverage or sub for coffee mug.

Comment

very funny guys like i said it's my DREAM TRUCK. but there is a district with a 4600 gallon tanker here near where we live. they just put it into service about 2-3 months ago. we call it tital wave

Comment

oh for all you guys that don't know what a "interior buddie" is it's when you go into a fire your buddie(s). the guy i usually go in with is one of my interior buddie(s)

Comment

Well I just found out we're getting a PW can mounted on a dragster chassis with a dual nitrous system. The can is painted with high speed stealth fighter pain with a green stripe. The commissioners said we could also take it in parades but only if we are in the 1st division This way we can get out of there fast I think it will be a real hit when we do musters because nobody can touch us. And oh, by the way they don't call me any kind of bird because I don't wear yellow and I can't fly.

Comment

Maplewood F.D.,

Maybe you should contact Jake the Hose Monkey for his specs on the "supper pumper." With the "tital wave" and "supper pumper" you could handle just about anything!
                        Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

yeah we kid them because usually 1-2 tanks of tital wave and that fire gone. they got a 3000 gallon drop tank so when they fill it with about(guessing 2500 gallons) they gotta wait on the firefighters to use up the water to finish off the tanker so I think as long as they had that they've only called for a back up tanker once.(that was in a hog or chicken barn fire that was going like crazy)
                          now anymore the neighboring fire dept to them knows not to bring there dinky 1800 gallon tanker(compared to tital wave) they bring heavy rescue or pumpers

Comment

by the way another reason i get called big bird is cause i FLY when i drive. i put the hammer down and we're off to the fire. the only bad part is with all but 1 of our trucks are gas truck. so they top out at like 55-60( i put ours to the floor)(most guys only run like 50 in them) . and you go into a hill and your talking 40 if you got a load of water(which we usually do) then you gotta down shift to get up your RPMs.don't wanna stall a fire truck going into a hill and roll backwards down the hill . but the pierce does like 80.(i found out)hahahhahha

Comment

Thanks for making a clarification on the "interior buddie" issue. I feel alot better now.
                              "Greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Comment

What a flock of loons. Maplewood, your profile says you are a college student. What college do you attend? I have some 'interior buddies' that need some remedial English classes and they're looking for someplace where they would be comfortable.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X