Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear Survivair, but I wish it was a Scott on my back. The Scott facepiece is easier to breath through when you're not on air. As someone pointed out earlier, the current Scott (I believe it's the 60) is based on the design of the 2.2 which has been around FOREVER. Scott keeps improving on a good thing while everyone else TRIES to catch up. BUY SCOTT. You will NOT regret it. EVER.

Comment

MY FIRE COMPANY USES SCOTT EXCLUSIVELY. WE USED TO USE 2.2'S, BUT UPGRADED TO 4.5 A FEW YEARS AGO. LIGHTER WEIGHT AND MORE READILY AVAILABLE SPARKED THE UPGRADE. WE TOOK ALL OF OUR 2.2'S AND CONVERTED THEM USING THE OLD FRAMES. IT WAS A HUGE UNDERTAKING
      (APPROX. 75 PAKS AT THE TIME), BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY. THE 1/2 HOUR BOTTLES ARE LIGHTER AND SMALLER. DEFINITE ADVANTAGES. I AM ON THE COMMITTEE THAT REPAIRS THE PAKS, AND MOST REPAIRS CAN BE DONE IN HOUSE. WHICH MEANS LESS DOWN TIME. WE HAVE NO DISCUSSIONS AT ALL ABOUT CHANGING MANUFACTURERS. THAT HAS TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT SCOTT. WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE'S ON LONG ISLAND WHO USE SCOTT EXCLUSIVELY. IHAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER PAKS, BUT SCOTT HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR US. IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE MILITARY, THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR US.

Comment

Our department has been using Survivar since 1980. We started with the XL 30 then later the Mark 2. Reciently we purchased the Sigma/Panther series. We are a dedicated Survivar department and have been for 21 years. The earlier Mark 2 and XL 30 both had a nylon like material on the harnesses that would not handle entended high temps however that was replaced 12 to 15 years ago. Survivar uses silicone facemasks that are second to none....comfort, durability and safety. The sigma and panther both use a super durable, easy to connect, mask mount regulator that our department loves. Good luck on makeing the right choise for your department.

Firehose

Comment

Think about this Survive Air SCBA's cannot be up graded. Survive Air comes out with a new unit every three or so years that existing units cannot be up graded to. If you need repairs were do they go California, or were, HAS your salesperson informed you about annual flow testing, and who can do it.
          I'm a SCOTT user my self for these reasons:
          1. Service Centers are trained at the factory repair level.
          2. Department personnel can be trained on feild level maintance.
          3. All 2.2 and 4.5 models of SCBA can be up graded to current standards.
          4. most SCOTT sale Distributers are service centers.
          5. Most of the SCOTT Air-Pak is Feild service repairable. (almost 70%)
          6. www.scottaviation.com

SCOTT SCOTT SCOTT SCOTT SCOTT SCOTT SCOTT

------------------
          FIREFIGHTERBEAST
          THINK SAFE TRAIN SAFE BE SAFE

Comment

My Dept has been using Survivair's for years.
            We have been very pleased with them. We are
            now upgrading to the Panther/Sigma series.
            We too are dedicated Survivair user's.

Comment

We have had a lot of problems with the necks leaking on our survivair and so has a lot of other towns in my county.
              As far as I'm concerned Scott is the best.
              I have used both and with all our equipment on it is easier to don the Scott than any other period.

Comment

Beware of SuprisAir!!!!!!!

Comment

One thing is for sure, if you ask 7 different firefighters what their preference is on a S.C.B.A. you will get 7 different answers. I have used Survivair packs for 20 years. I am also a state certified Instructor I and have used many other brands in the field. All of the packs have advantages and disadvantages. When I started wearing Survivair's, we had to switch from demand to positive pressure on the regulators.(remember that!) I have used the mark II's, the XL 30's and the panthers. Yes, there was a recall on the 20/20 facepieces, but at least they saw the problem and corrected it. What hasn't had a recall these days. Any problems that we have encountered with survivair over the last 20 years are insignificant and I would recommend the product to any department, but you won't hear me put down any of the other brands either. However, as with any of your equipment, many factors need to be weighed before making a final decision. I wish you the best in your firefighting efforts.

Comment

We just completed an evaluation to upgrade and Surviair chose not to participate. Just wondering with all the Scott diehards - have you tried MSA and ISI. The Scott pack tested very poorly for us (buddy breather dangerous, back frame uncomfortable, helmets hit bottles, guage impossible to read in a fire, etc.)I thought Scott would be my first choice due to the popularity but I was very wrong.

Comment

we have been using survivair for 0ver 20 years now, no major problems at all, I went thru their classes and became a certified repair tech, someone said something about flowtesting, ALL scba are supposed to be flow tested once a year, not just survivair,
                      we are still using the XL-30 , and a few of them are ones we had upgraded from demand to positive pressure, they have been real work horses and have never let us down, we inspect them and test them very often, we just finally got some of the hoop wrapped cylinders 3 years ago and are having to take some of them out of service now, 15 year life, we still have over 20 of the good ole steel bottles, yes the extra few pounds is agravating at times but if a few pounds is going to make the difference in my abilities, then i need to get in better shape !
                      we are going to try and get new scba this year and these will all be donated to small, poor depts all across our state, i am going to overhaul them all before we donate them, and they should last 20 more years if needed, cause isnt an older working, safe scba better than none at all. also, if you dont trade your old scba in on new ones, consider donating them to other depts that cant afford newer equipment, there are thousands of them out there, go to www.helpingourown.com , check it out. and by the way , I am the Arkansas coordinator for H.O.O. TYLER

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X