Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the next FDNY Fire Commissioner?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the next FDNY Fire Commissioner?

I have talked with many people and the question is still being brought up... who will be the next Fire Commissioner for FDNY?

www.nyfd.com had a poll up at one time asking for votes of who would be the next Commissioner, but I did not ever see the results.

Anyone from up in that area have any input as to who may take Von Essens place.

This is not a toe stepping session, just seeking an answer to a question being asked in the field.

While we are on the subject, who will be the next 1st Deputy FC?

I have heard people talk of a fellow named Visconi ??spelling?? for Commish and Fanning and 1st Deputy FC. Any comments?
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

Battalion Chief Fanning was killed in the line of duty on 9-11-2001. I haven't heard anything about Visconti.

While attending one of the many memorials, I heard that Mike Regan who is now the 1st Deputy Commish might get the nod. Then I heard something that might not be welcomed with open arms, a female from outside the department. I don't know who it is and it is only what is running the rumor mill.
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry
    Captain, Rescue Company 1
    City of Bayonne (NJ) Fire Department

Comment

I understand that Chief Fanning was killed. The person I am talking about is another Fanning somewhere in the mix. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Forgive me, but I am not really up on exactley who is who... I figured some more of our Northern Brothers could fill us in.
      Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
      North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
      "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
      www.legacyofheroes.org
      www.firehistory.org
      www.sconfire.com

Comment

My bet is the present head of Office of Emerg. Mgmt. (OEM), Richie Scherer

Comment

My bet is the present head of Office of Emerg. Mgmt. (OEM), Richie Scherer

Comment

A few names that have been in the news:

Lynn Tierny, a current dep commish
            Jerry Hauer, ex-Admin for OEM
            David Clinton, Administration
            Phil Parr, a current FDNY Batt Chief
            Dennis Smith, FDNY (ret)/Publisher

These are only the names that have been published in the local press. Other names have floated through the rumor mill but I don't think they should be posted as rumor.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X